Iam -Skills for Life - going up £24

Options
lisyloo
lisyloo Posts: 29,632 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
If anyone is interested in getting their Advanced Motorist qualification (from the Institute of Advanced Motorists) and getting some extra learning, then I just wanted to let you know that the "Skills for Life" package is going up in price from £85 to £109 very shortly.
So if you are dithering then you need to get moving.

Comments

• Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    Even at £109 it is a bargain. No commercial driving instructor could offer the level of training you receive from the IAM for that sort of money.

If you are a biker then I would strongly encourage you to do the IAM. It will save your life.

Mike
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aparently the car fee is going up £10 less than the bike fee (according to a poster on the fool).
    I don't know why.
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I first took the test in 1991 and would recommend it to anybody. Many people consider themselves good drivers but when you have a senior Police instructor sitting next to you telling you that you are it actually means something. :)
    Can I help?
  • Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't do my car IAM test because my observer was a beardy pedant with B.O.

Besides, I already had my IAM bike pass and at least I have the principles of advanced motoring when I'm driving my wife's car. If I owned a car and drove more frequently I'd probably do the IAM car as well - just ask for different observer!

Mike
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I didn't do my car IAM test because my observer was a beardy pedant with B.O.

Besides, I already had my IAM bike pass and at least I have the principles of advanced motoring when I'm driving my wife's car. If I owned a car and drove more frequently I'd probably do the IAM car as well - just ask for different observer!

Mike

Mike, if you can do the bike one I'm pretty sure you'll be fine in a car! It wasn't until I rode a motorbike that I realised how poor the general standard of driving (including mine at the time) really was :eek:
    Can I help?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport