need help with my no claims bonus

Options
Hi,

I know this sounds stupid but I was quite disorganised in a previous life:

I was insured with Endsleigh from 2001 to 2005 continuously, I then moved my insurance to Privilege which ran till July 2007.

I had a standing order/dd set up to pay the premiums and without realising (this is the stupid bit!) they were changed. When I contacted Privilege towards the end of two years (!!, when i realised!!) they explained that they had never received any confirmation of my no claims.

Anyway, that was my own fault. I have been without a car for the past 7 months and am now in the process of buying a new one. I want to claim that I have at least 4 or 5 years no claims, as I have all the certificates but I have nothing that actually states how much no claims I have.

Privilege will honour their part but Endsleigh won't put it in writing that I had any with them because it's outside of two years. Is having the motor certificates enough proof?!!

Please help, the difference on a new car costing 23000 from no no claims to 5 years is outstanding!!!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is having the motor certificates enough proof?!!

No it's not because it doesn't incdicate that you had "no claims".
    You need the renewal notice.

Have you thought about going back to endsleigh for you next quote.
    If there is new business in it for them then they might be prepared to honour you no claims and perhaps accept the proof from Prudential as well.
  • isso1035
    Options
    I tried that with Endsleigh, asking if they would honour the no claims if I took out the insurance with them but they still weren't prepared to budge!

Not sure what to do next..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport