53 plate ford focus 1.8 can anyone help please im desperate!

Options
hi all, unfortunatly i have un calibrated my dashboard cluster (speedo and rev counter etc) fitting some new colour coded dials.obviously it is illegal to drive with speedo not working and i need it for my self employed business everday.the speedo etc works intimitantly but this isnt much good.

I WOULD HIGHLY APPRECIATE ANYONE WHO WOULD CONSIDER GIVING ME FIVE MINS OF THEIR TIME TO PLEASE TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR DIAL CLUSTER IN A 1.8 PETROL ENGINE FOCUS SO THAT I CAN ATTEMPT TO PLACE MY NEEDLES IN THE CORRECT POSSITION (AND ALLOW ME TO GO OBOUT MY BUSINESS AS A SAFE ROAD USER!!)

MY KINDEST REGARDS IN ADVANCE TO ALL AND HOPE I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE! ALL THE BEST, MARTIN.

Comments

• Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Options
    Just because your speedometer isn't working doesn't mean you're suddenly a dangerous driver. Their only real purpose is to help comply with speed limits.

If you have a tachometer in your car you can still measure your speed quite easily depending upon what gear is selected.
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Find a sat nav and compare speedo with that. If the speedo works "intermittently" I suspect it is bu**ered and a new one is needed, or a cable is not connected properly somewhere.

Surely the needles simply need to be such that they come to rest on the bottom stop. The needle holder should be much in the required position with the clocks held in the usual operating position, the needle weight will take it down a little but not much. I would aim to push the needles on so they are pointing slightly above the stopper. In my experience if you pull the needle up a little and over the stop so it is at the other end, it should rise up to the stop when displaced.
  • BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    I would get yourself over to www.ffoc.co.uk - The Focus owners club.

Some people on the forum will have changed the colour of the dash before, there may even be a "how to" guide on their site.
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family