Twins 1st birthday scrapbook- UPDATE. *Now finished*

Options
1235»

Comments

• undercover_angel
    Options
    They are really fab, I'm sure your friend will love them!

The boxes are lovely too, everytime I try to cover things with paper it seems to go all bubbly, I'm really impressed!!!

x
    :love:11th March 2010- Got engaged to my amazing fiance, planning our wedding for 2012:love:
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kisto you made a wonderful job of these, I'm sure they'll be treasured! Great idea with the box, it makes a lovely finishing touch.
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • saveaholic68
    Options
    Wow they are great, I love the baby girl in a fur hooded coat! I am making scrapbooks for my sisters for Christmas (hopefully, my progress is very slow), and even though they are both adults now, there is some great ideas on this thread, like things that happened the year they were born, starsign etc.. I never really thought of including things like these before, it's really inspired me! :)
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    kisto they're brilliant !!!:T
    Love them and love the boxes............can see me trying to cover a box and make it look as good as that..................lol

I'll have to scroll back on this thread and make notes of some of the suggestions made as I want to do something for baby grandsons 1st birthday. Already did him a small scrapbook when he was born with birth sign and stuff but there were other ideas I hadnt thought of. Did note it down then lost the piece of paper:confused:

I wrote him a letter when he was first born as well, welcoming him to the world and forwarning him of the strangeness of us adults he'd experience. I'm going to do another one, similar type but pop in a few family events that happened in his first year. His Mums keeping all stuff like that for him.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wow kisto, absolutely gorgeous scrapbooks and boxes - beautiful things to keep! Well done.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :D I sincerely appreciate all the help and suggestions given on this thread. The scrapbooks became hard work towards the end but I think that's more due to lack of spare 'me' time really. When I do 'crafty' things I like to relax and get involved with it for an hour or two but I've only had 15 or 20 minutes here and there which is frustrating.

I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier in the post, but when the twins were born rather than send clothes/toys I painted a small canvas with watercolours. It was a cutesy type picture of 'twins' (just 2 heads). I wish I had a photo to hand (5 years worth of photos are stored on my dead pc :rolleyes: and that is one of them icon9.gif)! My friend loved it so I'm certain she'll be really pleased with these.
    They are really fab, I'm sure your friend will love them!

The boxes are lovely too, everytime I try to cover things with paper it seems to go all bubbly, I'm really impressed!!!

x

I covered a canvas with wallpaper and that went *really* bubbly at first URL="http://mumsee.wordpress.com/2008/03/17/wallpaper-canvas-art/"]see bottom of page here[/URL. I was quite disappointed - gutted in fact, but after I left it overnight most of the bubbles had gone URL="http://mumsee.wordpress.com/2008/03/18/new-improved-wallpaper-canvas-art/"]here[/URL. Nearly a month later and you can barely see the bubbles. I also covered a shoebox (which is shown in the second link) and although it seemed really bubbly at first it was fine once it dried. I find that you need to smooth and flatten as you go along, but also return to each side and flatten it every few minutes as it dries. Work the bubbles out to the edge.

I've also found that with thin paper, if you use pva glue, it makes the paper go all ridged once it dries (this has happened on the last page of the scrapbooks) making the edges curl slightly.
    :T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to take so long getting back to you, I followed the above link and got lost in 'kistoworld!' (then followed further craft links...)

Getting back, I would just like to say how lovely those scrapbooks have turned out, your friend is sure to love them. What a good idea to do individual albums instead of a joint one - twins are individuals as well as a pair and sometimes people forget that. Also, when they are older, they will be able to have their own baby album, not just one that they have to share - so well done you for thinking of that.

Love the boxes too, it is good to have somewhere to keep them protected. I was wondering whether spray glue might have been useful for preventing bubbles, as it works very well on photos...?

Finally, I was wondering whether you would mind if I started another scrapbooking thread? I want to get into it more and would love some ideas & input from experienced scrapbookers like yourself?
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    qwiksave wrote: »
    Sorry to take so long getting back to you, I followed the above link and got lost in 'kistoworld!' (then followed further craft links...)

Getting back, I would just like to say how lovely those scrapbooks have turned out, your friend is sure to love them. What a good idea to do individual albums instead of a joint one - twins are individuals as well as a pair and sometimes people forget that. Also, when they are older, they will be able to have their own baby album, not just one that they have to share - so well done you for thinking of that.

Love the boxes too, it is good to have somewhere to keep them protected. I was wondering whether spray glue might have been useful for preventing bubbles, as it works very well on photos...?

Finally, I was wondering whether you would mind if I started another scrapbooking thread? I want to get into it more and would love some ideas & input from experienced scrapbookers like yourself?

LOL @ 'kistoworld' :rotfl:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed making them, I am glad they're finished now.

By all means start a new thread...but don't be under the illusion that I am an experienced scrapbooker! :eek: These are the first ones I have ever done. I'm still very much a beginner and have lots to learn!
    :T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j
  • undercover_angel
    Options
    Thanks for the advise re- bubbles! I think maybe I'm just a tad impatient, love starting these things however then don't seem to have the drive to finish them! lol!

I know what qwicksave means, I too followed the link and became absorbed in it all, you really are wonderfully creative!
    :love:11th March 2010- Got engaged to my amazing fiance, planning our wedding for 2012:love:
  • Badsaver
    Badsaver Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Im doing a scrapbook for my Grandad at the moment, but I dont want it to look like a memorial thing. I was supposed to be finishing it at the beginning of April for his birthday but Ive been a bit poor of late so have struggled. I cant wait till its finished though! Its looking great upto now! Any ideas of where to get cheaper embellishments?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure