Ford Direct - Anyone have any experience?

Options
bigdic
bigdic Posts: 245 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hello,

Gonna buy a used/nearly new ford in the next couple of months and came across Ford Direct on the web. Looks like a great idea, 2 year warranty etc. Anyway when I asked my local ford garage about them the salesman was cagey to say the least. So I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about them?

Are they good value? Can the prices that appear on the internet be haggled? Is the warranty worth it?

Anything anyone can tell me would be most appreciated.

Comments

• deltic_2
    deltic_2 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    In general, all manufacturers' own used car programmes are the best source of used cars, as they have to meet very high standards to be included.

If you buy from one of these schemes it is highly unlikely that the vehicle will have ever been in an accident; it will be thoroughly inspected and prepared before handover to you; it will have one or at worst two previous owners (if it's older); and the warranty will be worth the paper it is written on because it is backed by the manufacturer.

Not all Ford dealers sell Ford Direct cars so research this carefully before you visit them. They will have cars on the forecourt and cars available from national stock. You might be able to haggle - worth a go.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,588 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had Ford Direct cars - most are ex rental cars, under 10,000 miles and about 6 months old. Most forecourt stock at larger Ford dealers will be Ford Direct approved. They can source from national stock, but when I was looking you had to commit to buy it without seeing it. There are loads of Ford garages so finding what you want shouldn't be difficult and haggling is all part of the game!
  • bigdic
    bigdic Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, looks like it could be a good idea.
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Look at some of the central stock via a variety of dealers - in the past I found the same car could be shown at a different price depending on the dealer you looked at it through. Don't know if that still happens.
  • Gavioli_UK
    Gavioli_UK Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    For the last 20 yrs I have bought Fords from a small garage in a local village that is a "Ford Retail" garage. Fully franchised and supported by Ford and they always have a good selection of low mileage Fords with plenty of warranty left. The owner is "hands on" and is always will ing to help

They are not sold under the Ford Direct label, and can show a considerable saving over "Ford Direct". It may be worth while checking the Yellow pages to see if there are any Ford Retail in your area as opposed to large dealerships
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure