We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Car Insurance Admin Charge for Change of Address

Options
2»

Comments

• raskazz
    raskazz Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly with dunstonh and MarkyMarkD. The current system can border on the farcical.

I remember one particular complainant a couple of years ago. The initial problem was that he was of no fixed abode, and the firm were unwilling to continue his motor insurance policy in such circumstances. The firm bent over backwards to placate him, at one stage even offering a pro-rata cancellation plus about £50 goodwill, which he rejected.

Then he started calling the firm almost every day - being foul and abusive, issuing threats of violence against staff, using racist language, recording calls without the consent of our staff. It got to the point where we refused to deal with him except in writing, and he would regularly call us 10+ times a days only to be advised we would terminate the call without further discussion - he had no actual complaint by this stage, just a grudge.

Eventually he took it to the FOS, and so of course the firm got punished over and above having to waste hundreds of man hours on the idiot, despite having done nothing wrong.
  • Steve1981
    Steve1981 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    raskazz wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly with dunstonh and MarkyMarkD. The current system can border on the farcical.

I remember one particular complainant a couple of years ago. The initial problem was that he was of no fixed abode, and the firm were unwilling to continue his motor insurance policy in such circumstances. The firm bent over backwards to placate him, at one stage even offering a pro-rata cancellation plus about £50 goodwill, which he rejected.

Then he started calling the firm almost every day - being foul and abusive, issuing threats of violence against staff, using racist language, recording calls without the consent of our staff. It got to the point where we refused to deal with him except in writing, and he would regularly call us 10+ times a days only to be advised we would terminate the call without further discussion - he had no actual complaint by this stage, just a grudge.

Eventually he took it to the FOS, and so of course the firm got punished over and above having to waste hundreds of man hours on the idiot, despite having done nothing wrong.

i can count a couple of similar instances from the last few years also:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport