We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Pound to Euros
superstar_2
Posts: 2,104 Forumite
Hey, I will be travelling to Europe for holidays in early April. So, i need to change some money before then. The pound is really poor at the moment. So, what is the prospect, will it improve or get worse? Shall i change now, wait a week or wait till early April?
0
Comments
-
Open a Nationwide account and withdraw money from an ATM, lots of posts on here about it. You always get a better rate and it doesn't cost you anything:j Debt free since 31/01/08:j
0 -
Thanks, i have missed something, how can i withdraw euros here?0
-
Hey, I will be travelling to Europe for holidays in early April. So, i need to change some money before then. The pound is really poor at the moment. So, what is the prospect, will it improve or get worse? Shall i change now, wait a week or wait till early April?
my sons , girlfriends , dads plumber reckons it would be best to exchange from pounds to euros on the 4th april preferably after lunch.
allegedly0 -
Open a Nationwide account and withdraw money from an ATM, lots of posts on here about it. You always get a better rate and it doesn't cost you anything
Im also interested in what you are saying here as i am going away in september time and also i have banked with nationwide all my life could please explain a little more regarding this?0 -
I think Engadine means open a Nationwide account, deposit your holiday spends money in there and use your card to withdraw money while you are away.
Correct me if I'm wrong though!
Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...0 -
-
Nationwide cannot influence the exchange rate on the day. In a month, in three months time, the Pound might have regained or might have further lost against the Euro. I cannot see the Pound to strengthen considerably in the next six month or so. But that's only my guess.I think Engadine means open a Nationwide account, deposit your holiday spends money in there and use your card to withdraw money while you are away.
Your guess is as good as mine as anyone else's.0 -
Check out http://www.xe.com/ for daily updated exchange rates.Winnings

01/12/07 Baileys Cocktail Shaker
My other signature is in English.0 -
How can I buy euros at the rate from last summer? Surely those thieving banks should still be offering it to their customers? Or can I complain to the FOS and get some money back for the way they have reduced the value of my savings in pounds?0
-
Voyager2002 wrote: »How can I buy euros at the rate from last summer? Surely those thieving banks should still be offering it to their customers? Or can I complain to the FOS and get some money back for the way they have reduced the value of my savings in pounds?
I think if you speak to Hammy the Hammer's son's girlfriend's dad's plumber he might be able to give you some insider info
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards