We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Heathrow on a Monday morning

Hi guys

I am flying out of Heathrow T1 next Monday morning with a 7:30am flight.

Clearly this means a VERY early start however as it is only a short trip I am not checking any luggage and will be checking in online so am planning on turning up as late as possible.

But how busy is Heathrow T1 early on a Monday morning? I am thinkinking about getting there for about 6:30am so will have an hour to clear security and get to the gate.

Realistic? Or will I find 90 minute lines on security?

Any experience welcome. Thanks

Comments

  • Which airline are you traveling with as BA has its own dedicated security channel for premium passengers.

    What class are you traveling in and is it domestic or international as T1 has three seperate security channels depending on which of the above you fit in to?
  • Networkguy
    Networkguy Posts: 244 Forumite
    Which airline are you traveling with as BA has its own dedicated security channel for premium passengers.

    What class are you traveling in and is it domestic or international as T1 has three seperate security channels depending on which of the above you fit in to?

    I'm with BA but not premium as I am only going to Barcelona and it's only a short flight.

    So it will be cattle class for me which I am guessing will be the longest line.
  • If you've checked in online and have no baggage to check in then I'd aim to be there for about 0615 to 0630. That will be more than enough time. Security at LHR is so much better these days. I'd be surprised if you had to wait more than 10 minutes. And of course, as you're travelling from LHR you can take two pieces of hand baggage.
  • kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    Hi,

    Just a bit of advice I would leave at least 30 minutes extra to get to Heathrow on a Monday morning between 05:30 and 9. Although traffic on the motorways is not that bad as soon as you exit the motorway there is loads of traffic from people trying to get into the airport.
  • Networkguy
    Networkguy Posts: 244 Forumite
    Thanks guys

    I am staying in a nearby hotel so the travel bit too the hotel isn't too bad but last time I went through Heathrow before Christmas it seemed to take forever to get through security.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.