We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Looking for a decent all inclusive destination, any ideas where to go?

My boyfriend and I have decided we're going to treat ourselves to an all inclusive holiday in the sun, anywhere (that we can fly to cheaply), pretty much anytime. :j

We just want to have everything paid so when we get there we can eat and drink without worrying about the prices.:p

Does anyone have any favourites or places you've heard about that are considered value for money destinations?

I'd prefer somewhere hot and ideally near a beach as we've never had a beach holiday but my main concern is not lots of noisy children!! Want a week away without kids!

If you could help me out with locations or sites or deals or whatever I'd be VERY grateful!!

Thanks you lovely Money Savers! :T
SW Start date 30.09.2011
next weigh in 06.10.2011
«1

Comments

  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,346 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    if you wnat cheap flights then greece/turkey probably best value, further afield then you're looking at Mexico/Domionican Republic or the other newer carribean destinations, Margarita etc.

    that said quality can vary lots, just need to check out some reviews though take them with a pinch of salt too
  • loadedlaura
    loadedlaura Posts: 77 Forumite
    Woby_Tide wrote: »
    if you wnat cheap flights then greece/turkey probably best value, further afield then you're looking at Mexico/Domionican Republic or the other newer carribean destinations, Margarita etc.

    that said quality can vary lots, just need to check out some reviews though take them with a pinch of salt too


    Thanks for the advise Woby!

    I'll check them out on tripadvisor before I go with anything.

    Probably looking at greece/turkey to be fair.

    I appreciate the advise though!! :j
    SW Start date 30.09.2011
    next weigh in 06.10.2011
  • simonSE15
    simonSE15 Posts: 726 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Egypt, especially the Taba area, is good value IMO. Can be VERY hot. But great for snorkelling, seeing fish, corals, maybe even dolphins.
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    Unless you stay at an adults-only complex I think you will find it very difficult to avoid kids altogether, however, if you stick to term time (as we do) then the problem is reduced drastically plus it is cheaper to go away then rather than during the school holidays.

    Perhaps add Cuba to your list for consideration. I have been three times and find it extremely good value for money, you can get a fortnight in a nice hotel 3/4* for less than £1500 for the pair of you and that is at full brochure price, any last minute deals could be quite a bit cheaper.
  • Cuba, Egypt, Dominican Republic, Gambia, Senegal, but all inclusives are geared up to families and you will probably sit around watching all the families eating together and being entertained and feel really.... homesick?
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale - Hans Christian Andersen[/FONT]
    2012 savings:remortgage £156.15pcm £5 pcm insurance reduced; 2012 Running totals: £10 goodwill requests/Grocery Coupons £12:T
  • dog_food
    dog_food Posts: 68 Forumite
    Turkey...you can't beat it! A week in a quality 5* AI will be somewhere £500 to £750, depending on where you go. I'd suggest looking at Belek, and some of the hotels on Lara Beach are good too.
  • dog_food wrote: »
    Turkey...you can't beat it! A week in a quality 5* AI will be somewhere £500 to £750, depending on where you go. I'd suggest looking at Belek, and some of the hotels on Lara Beach are good too.


    I reckon this is more the price range I was looking at. I'd love to go to Eygpt if I can find a proper steal though!

    5* for £500 ish is wonderful!!

    I'll check out the places you mentioned. thank you very much!:T
    SW Start date 30.09.2011
    next weigh in 06.10.2011
  • wes_cov
    wes_cov Posts: 159 Forumite
    I was looking on last minute.com and saw some great deals for the MITSIS hotels in KOS. The summer palace is 5* and is geared for adults only and has some very good reviews

    certainly worth a look and is around the £500 mark

    makesure you let us all know where you go and how it was :T
  • northernsal
    northernsal Posts: 50 Forumite
    Dominican Republic.

    We stayed at occidental allegro playa dorada. £650 for 2 weeks - all inclusive. 4 * hotel on the beach, and free water sports every day.

    We wnet on amazing trips like jungle safaris,quadbiking etc. It was a lovely, lovely place.

    X
  • Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Try the Riu hotel chain. I stayed at the Riu Vistamar, Gran Canaria. I recently went to Egypt stayed at the Dreams Vacation for 2 adults I paid £700. I booked it 1 wk before thro Thomsons.I got the price online then they matched it in the shop.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.