We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cheap hotel in Viareggio, Tuscany?

I've managed to talk a friend to taking her first trip abroad with me in June as we got Ryaniar flights for a penny. We're going to Pisa, Viareggio and Florence. I know that she's not very well off and I don't want to embarrass her by booking a hotel that's too expensive. I've been looking about on the web and seem to be finding the same hotels on most sites.

I was wondering if anyone knows of websites that have cheaper accomodation listed, B&B's etc. or even better a recommendation.
:smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea

Comments

  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Does it have to be a hotel type place? What about Keycamp/Eurocamp? - caravans and tents. They may work work cheaper especially if you are going outside of the school holidays
  • angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    That's a great idea, I hadn't thought of that!
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • tummy_tank
    tummy_tank Posts: 219 Forumite
    I loved Viarregio. The hotels are mostly 3* we stayed at one can't remeber name? grand hotel on the front with a pool but never used it and went to the immaculate beach most days, Much more entertaining. Lots to do and see, if you are in to classical music Torre del lago where pucci lived is a 15 min bus trip away, its a beautiful tranquil place. You've got me reminiscing now!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.