Home Insurance Companies - does any have *good* customer service?

Options
Can anyone recommend a home insurance company based on good customer service - not necessarily the cheapest, but a reliable, competent and reasonably pleasant to deal with company?

Or is this just a pipe-dream??

Someone mentioned on another thread that Prudential is quite good and I might give them a try if this post results in nil responses...!

Comments

• i_wanna_save
    Options
    :T Hi, I'm new to moneysaving expert and I have had great service from Skipton building society with my savings account, the service was second to none.

I'm looking myself at insuring my home and will be trying these when my renewal is due in April. I am currently with Direct Line and regret paying them a penny due to poor service - I'm more bothered about the cover and service now.

Have you had any reccomendations yet?
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have always had good service from Norwich Union
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • i_wanna_save
    Options
    It's Norwich Union that underwrites the Skipton insurance isn't it?
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :confused: You may be right but I do not know
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • i_wanna_save
    Options
    I've just found out that skipton building soc home insurance is underwritten by Norwich Union.

I'm going to go to my local branch for a quote tomorrow and will let you know if it's ok.

:T
  • anadin_2
    anadin_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks i_wanna_save and missile - I'll look into Skipton and Norwich Union as well. I haven't had any recommendations, no, apart from the Prudential from someone on another thread on this forum.

The only other idea I had was to get a few companies lined up from a comparison site, then get their customer service number and ring it just to see what the customer service call centre is like - where it is, etc, - it's not much but it might give some more idea. (As the sales centre is often a very different kettle of fish from the customer service centre...)

I pay by lump sum to avoid the monthly DD charges, but, of course, once some companies (Budget, for example) have got your money they just don't care.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure