We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Shipping a pet
Big_mike
Posts: 73 Forumite
I am looking to import a dog from the US, this seemed to be the board most likely to have members that might have some experience of doing this.
I won't be importing for about 12 months (he can't have rabies vac until 4 months then needs to wait at least 6 months before entering the UK)
I need to minimise the cost on this, I appreciate it is never going to be cheap.
Anyone have any advice on best way to do this? Is it possible to get a cheap flight out and then bring back as excess baggage?
Any advice gratefully received.
Mike
I won't be importing for about 12 months (he can't have rabies vac until 4 months then needs to wait at least 6 months before entering the UK)
I need to minimise the cost on this, I appreciate it is never going to be cheap.
Anyone have any advice on best way to do this? Is it possible to get a cheap flight out and then bring back as excess baggage?
Any advice gratefully received.
Mike
0
Comments
-
0
-
Don't have any advice, just wondering what sort of dog you're looking to get?0
-
fed ex it.0
-
Unfortunately unless it is a tiger Fed Ex isn't going to help. Thanks anyway.
Thanks for the Defra link, appreciated and confirms what I already knew.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards