We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help with Berlin accomodation

Looking at finding either a decent hotel 3 stars or more or a 2 bedroomed apartment in a central location in Berlin.
Dates are 19th-23rd April and its for 4 adults (2 adults per room/one double and 1 twin)
Budget is about £700 ish
What area would you say is the best to stay in?

Any help would be great as my knowledge of Berlin is very limited.
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Comments

  • gillbee
    gillbee Posts: 241 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Will try and look out the name of the place we stayed last year and post back. We got a good deal on a long weekend in a nice hotel.

    If you're not overly familiar with Berlin then it may be of use to you to know that the public transport system is excellent. I've stayed in the east and the west side before and as long as you are close to an S or U Bahn then getting around is no trouble at all even late night / early morning.

    Here's the details of the hotel we stayed in here:
    http://www.parkplaza.com/berlinde_wallstrasse
    It's out east a bit in a quiet area with good transport links. Hotel was great, and we paid about £120 each for 3 nights (£240 for a twin room for a long weekend).
  • 123oleary
    123oleary Posts: 260 Forumite
    gillbee is right about public transport. i stayed in charlottenburg which is in the east and well served by u bahn, the area was fantastic but sorry i cant recommend a hotel as i stayed in a low budget place.
  • MOLLYBRUSH
    MOLLYBRUSH Posts: 423 Forumite
    Think I saw a Radisson SAS which we have stayed in many times and great quality, slap bang in an area which had lots of public transport links, near canal/river, a museum which had Neffertiti's head and also very close to the radio tower with the revolving restaurant. Can't be more specific but if I ever went back for longer, would certainly stay there. You can get off at the stop on the jump on and off bus and there were also lots of trams intersecting there.
    There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone or forbid your kids to do it.
  • We stayed in the Hotel Adrema which was right on the bus route, which went past the train station so we could get anywhere. The transport is fantastic and I recommend the hotel - I can't remember how much we paid but I know it wasn't really expensive.

    Have a great time - Berlin is a fanscinating city and there are loads of things you can see and do.
  • jyonda
    jyonda Posts: 477 Forumite
    https://www.hotel26.de

    is a very nice yet modest hotel with a clean modern feel. I reviewed it in tripadvisor and I can personally reccomend it. It's in Friedrichshain which is in the former East but a short hop from the centre on the Sbahn or Ubahn.
  • bergeroo
    bergeroo Posts: 50 Forumite
    Check out The Circus - they have some great rooftop apartments
    www.circus-berlin.de/ - it's at Rosenthaler Platz in Mitte

    Personally I prefer to stay in Mitte as it's central and I find the East more interesting than the West - but that's just personal choice

    Anywhere near a u bahn or s bahn is good though - the public transport is great...

    I love Berlin - so if you need to know anything else then I'll try and help
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,977 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I got a great hotel, the Mövenpick, through Priceline's 'Name Your Own Price' method when I went to Berlin a couple of years ago. I posted the details HERE the week after I returned.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.