We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help with Eurostar Break to Bruges
clarebear
Posts: 97 Forumite
I'm planning a eurostar break for myself and my husband at the end of March. Booking separately seems quite pricey, but have found a deal on shortbreakmarket.co.uk. I've not heard of them, but wondered whether I should be cautious about booking - would it be better to book with credit card to protect myself in case it doesn't really exist?
- Outward Journey: Fri 28th March 2008 at 1200 Eurostar London
- Hotel: Nh Hotels Bruges, Bruges - 2 nights (Fri 28th March 2008 - Sun 30th March 2008)
- Return Journey: Sun 30th March 2008 at 1200 Eurostar London
0
Comments
-
I'm planning a eurostar break for myself and my husband at the end of March. Booking separately seems quite pricey, but have found a deal on shortbreakmarket.co.uk. I've not heard of them, but wondered whether I should be cautious about booking - would it be better to book with credit card to protect myself in case it doesn't really exist?
- Outward Journey: Fri 28th March 2008 at 1200 Eurostar London
- Hotel: Nh Hotels Bruges, Bruges - 2 nights (Fri 28th March 2008 - Sun 30th March 2008)
- Return Journey: Sun 30th March 2008 at 1200 Eurostar London
The hotel exists if that's what you are asking. A good one from what I've read of it.0 -
And if it's the company you're concerned about the info their holding company put out is;
Delpech Travel Promotions Limited was established in 1995 and is a provider of package holidays to a number of major travel companies. Our large product portfolio of web sites are primarily focused on maximising internet sales of self drive package holidays.
They say they subscribe to the HSBC 'travel trust' scheme as they don't look APTA/ATOL bonded. I would always book with a credit card anyway and even if they are charging extra it's worth it for peace of mind.:beer:0 -
Have you looked at the Eurostar website, their prices to Bruges including hotel are very reasonable, I have priced them up for a break to Bruges for OH and me (no kids)No Matter what you do there will be critics.0
-
hotel nh in bruges (formerly a sofitel) is situated on bouveriestraat across from a pretty ugly bus station and a modern market square called het zand.
I've stayed at this hotel 4 times and found it to be good, if a little pricey.
It's also handy for the rail stn. exit station, pass bike racks, turn left and walk 5 mins. top of bouveriesraat appears on your right. 3 mins along the cobbles and nh appears on your left.
if the weather's OK and you're not weighed down with luggage it makes sense - and saves money - to walk.
sadly, most of w.europe has got expensive over the past year due to the £ slipping against the euro.
If you're not eating at the hotel, the belle epoque restaurant is a 3 minute walk across the square and down a street leading to the centre. a tad pricey, but good.
i go to bruges so often that I've even bothered to learn the language, vlaams (a dutch dialect) but in truth nearly everyone speaks some english.
a pleasant tripmiladdo0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards