We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Expedia Junk Mail

Just received some junk mail in the post today from Expedia addressed to a "Mr Vitaliy Dolynskyy" at my address. Is this name part of their campaign marketing or has someone been adding my address with this weird fake name to Expedia's mailing list? I've never bought a holiday through Expedia before so don't know how they got my address.

Comments

  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,920 Forumite
    10,000 Posts
    Sounds like someone has added your details ... were the contents of the email from Expedia?

    I get emails from allsorts of corporate email addresses ... and they all contain advertisements for ... Viagra! Just good old spam ...
    Gone ... or have I?
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    in the post. meaning snail mail i think there dmg24... ;)

    as for expedia junk mail, i've had some before, but it has been addressed to myself, i've never had a misaddressed one....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yeah it was snail mail, very weird name.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,920 Forumite
    10,000 Posts
    markymoo wrote: »
    in the post. meaning snail mail i think there dmg24... ;)

    as for expedia junk mail, i've had some before, but it has been addressed to myself, i've never had a misaddressed one....

    Sorry, think I just wanted to tell my funny story! ;):p;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • doe3001
    doe3001 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I wont be surprised if it from EXPEDIA. They are very unethical. In fact they are cheating travelers. Source: http://www.expedianews.com
    I wa sone of their victims
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,920 Forumite
    10,000 Posts
    doe3001 wrote: »
    I wont be surprised if it from EXPEDIA. They are very unethical. In fact they are cheating travelers. Source: http://www.expedianews.com
    I wa sone of their victims

    Not you again (check out their previous posts) ...
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.