If this was a 'true' and 'honest' moneysaving website then....

Options
2»

Comments

• littlemissmoney
    littlemissmoney Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Obviously I don't agree with the attitude of the OP, but I do have some sympathy. I followed the savings article advice and opened an A&L eSaver. The next day I noticed I could have got cashback on Quidco :mad:

Could there maybe be a little superscript "Q" next to the * so regulars know to check Quidco? :confused: That would be non-confusing to new members, but remind cashback regulars.
    :p Proud to be a MoneySaver! :p
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Obviously I don't agree with the attitude of the OP, but I do have some sympathy. I followed the savings article advice and opened an A&L eSaver. The next day I noticed I could have got cashback on Quidco :mad:

Could there maybe be a little superscript "Q" next to the * so regulars know to check Quidco? :confused: That would be non-confusing to new members, but remind cashback regulars.

It helps to get into the habit of checking whether you can earn cashback whenever you buy or sign up to anything online. Most of the time we learn best from the times that we forget and end up kicking ourselves! :o

The cashback checker on this site is really useful:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-sites-comparison/
  • JDMYOFAN
    JDMYOFAN Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Martin,
    Getting people the right products is the reality. My priority in many articles, especially the debt ones, is giving people the right information and helping them get the right cards. The last thing i want is people going for crap cards for the sake of a few quid at quidco - when it'll cost them a fortune for bad card choice.

Plus, many financial techniques are confusing enough without this and those people who are new (a continually very substantive number) find it difficult enough to know what to do without adding an explanation of cashback sites what and where to do them at each and every turn. We constantly try and make things easier for people to act on; not more confusing.

Apologies for the fact that what was in my head did end up as an accusation, as you can see from my signature, I have substantially gained from the website and am grateful for the information I have recieved in responses to the forums.

The example I used was not one where the card was 'crappy', it was one where you Recommended the card, also on the newsletter.. I was implying that the customer could benefit from an extra £8/£18 from using Quidco to take up the same offer.

As the above post suggests, it would be hugely beneficial to have a quick (Cashback Available) link where possible.

You missed out the piece at the bottom of every article and from the Balance Transfer on CC's you'll find this.

I didn't miss this out as I stated "we all know the * links to the MBNA Site, which then leads to a £8 commission MSE receive for every sucessful applicant". I have read the thread in the past, and do know that it is linked to every page, yet it's the most unread, etc, etc, etc.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

of course given cashback isnt 100% on payouts you would then be moaning to MSE if you took a deal as the cashback didnt pay out.
    i think its best left to the individual to choose whether they go via cashback sites as it seems many dont get the concept the occasionaly dont pay out

how would you like to be forced to click through multiple advertisers pages before reaching deals/offers to fund the site?(more to the op)
  • JDMYOFAN
    JDMYOFAN Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how would you like to be forced to click through multiple advertisers pages before reaching deals/offers to fund the site?(more to the op)

That's not what is being asked.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nj106 wrote: »
    That's not what is being asked.

but the site helps fund its running via the links like you have highlighted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure