thunderbird email

Options
catford
catford Posts: 1,114 Forumite
I downloaded f/fox and t/bird today but i'm having hassle with email.the program says that the login/password is wrong and cant connect to server. I thought t/bird imported all my settings etc so if they work on outlook express with pop wanadoo,why not with thunderbird?? anyone help please?

Comments

• rich_jtg
    rich_jtg Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    This might seem like a strange question, but what Anti-virus are you using?
  • catford
    Options
    I did wonder if it was being blocked!I run AVG,spybot,ewido. could one cause a problem??
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you sure its imported the password. I would of thought it may have imported the correct settings but not the password, that may have to be added manually
  • rich_jtg
    Options
    catford wrote:
    I did wonder if it was being blocked!I run AVG,spybot,ewido. could one cause a problem??

I had a similar problem using AVG. I found some instructions here which enabled me to set it up.
  • catford
    Options
    which password will i have to add manually?the only passwords i use are to logon to the net and to access wanadoo,which is my isp.how do i find out if its missing,and how do i add it??
  • rich_jtg
    Options
    IIRC, Thunderbird should ask you for the password on connection (which you can then choose to save)

But TBH, I don't think that's your problem. You'll see from the link I placed earlier, that Thunderbird kind of works through AVG, and you set both programs up to work together.

You put the POP and SMTP server info. into AVG and keep a note of the port number it uses, and then place the port number shown into Thunderbird along with the server name 127.0.0.1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure