We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Has any one ever received any personal information about anyone else from CSA?

Options
2»

Comments

• enemes
    enemes Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sensemaya wrote: »
    ....has changed the rules so you can't bypass ICE.

Sorry to come off the track a bit, but Sensemaya, could you explain to me at what point in the complaints procedure do you go to ICE.

Thanx
    :wave:
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    enemes wrote: »
    Sorry to come off the track a bit, but Sensemaya, could you explain to me at what point in the complaints procedure do you go to ICE.

Thanx

Hello there:hello:

As far as I'm aware you need to receive a reply from the CE Office regarding your complaint and then apply ( in my day ) to the PO within six months of the date of the letter. However, as we are all now aware you can't bypass ICE, I presume the rules remain the same - six months from the date of the letter - and then ICE. Then, if they botch up, the PO.

In my case I approached my now retired MP around 7 years ago ( wish I had his pension!) who said, "He is taking the p!ss ( my ex ), so we will go to the PO".

The PO have the opportunity to say yeh or nay if they wish to take on the case and , if they agree, they go into absolutely everything. My first report took over 12 months to conclude and it was extremely in-depth. I had already received an ex-gratia payment which was a substantial amount ( thanks to a lovely CSA lady, who helped me write a letter which got the ball rolling on that one ) but the CSA had botched that up too, so I was awarded another £100 on top via the PO.

Then a couple of years went by. Things hadn't improved, so off I went again and got another reasonably substantial amount via the PO. This was with my new MP.

I have never been to ICE.

I am very annoyed about not being able to bypass ICE ( Hey! I might have to go to the PO again in a few years time ). IMO, they up on Parnassus, are making things doubly difficult for people already bogged down in a bureaucratic nightmare and this isn't going to help them one bit. It is going to drag things out further.

Once you have exhausted the PO, then you approach a solicitor - limited choice of 3 or 4 in the country.

What gets me is that the PO makes recommendations and the CSA couldn't care less. They just fumble along, maladminstration being their middle name.

I have said in the sticky link that if people have any information regarding the CSA machinations to post it in the sticky.

Sorry to have waffled on, but I'm pretty narked.

And I don't spend as much time as I used to keeping up with the legislation et al. But I did contribute to the H Report, as did Mr GG. Fat lot of good that turned out to be!
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    NAT.B wrote: »
    Stapped do you still have copys of them?

Sorry for delay in replying - yes, I still have the originals. Never throw ANYTHING away connected to CSA ;)
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family