Has any one ever received any personal information about anyone else from CSA?

Options
I just wanted to know has anyone ever received any personal information about another person/family from the CSA? Letters, emails? Anything? If you have what has been done about it?

Comments

• rebbonk
    rebbonk Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I once had a complete file from the local DSS branch wrongly faxed through to my office! - I rang them and asked what to do, they told me to destroy it! (Of course I didn't read it.....)
  • NAT.B_2
    NAT.B_2 Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rebbonk, did you report it?
  • leighliz
    leighliz Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't but my ex husband was sent details of our new address and telephone number and proceeded to cause trouble, to the extent that the police were called and he was issued with a harrassment order. I took the complaint up with the CSA (they knew he was violent and agressive as they had cause to contact the police on 2 separate occasions when he had threatened to kill me) and got a fickle response, took it further and was awarded £1,000 compensation. However, I was still not happy with how they dealt with it and the case has been passed from ICE to the Parlimentary Ombudsman. They have had it since last October and are still investigating.
  • NAT.B_2
    Options
    My god Leighliz! did you get an apolgy from CSA? a written one at that? Do you still have trouble with EX because of that?
  • rebbonk
    rebbonk Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    NAT.B wrote: »
    Hi Rebbonk, did you report it?

Only back to the office that sent it. - I wasn't having trouble with the CSA at that time...that came a little later
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    I wrote to the CSA to see what info they held about me (to check it was correct!) under the data protection act. I am a NRPP. We are married. My husband's case has been going since 1993, the early days of the CSA.

I don't know whether any of you have received these printouts, but basically they go through and "black out" anything relating to someone other than yourself - so anything re. PWC, PWCP or NRP, in my case. However, in the early days of the CSA it seems that they didn't always use the codes PWC, NRP, etc, but a lot of the notes of telephone conversations were recorded using "Mr X", "Mrs X", etc.

Imagine my surprise when items relating to "Mrs X" from 1993 and 1994 (when I hadn't even met my husband) were not blacked out :eek: Of course, these related to conversations between the former Mrs X and the CSA.

They were quite enlightening :eek: (showed up quite a few lies from both her and what the CSA subsequently said to my DH).

DH didn't bother to complain (strictly, I suppose we shouldn't have read it :o ) but it certainly made us doubt - if we didn't before - anything the CSA said from then on.
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    Leighliz, how terrible for you! :eek:
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • NAT.B_2
    Options
    Stapped do you still have copys of them?
  • leighliz
    leighliz Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I got a fickle apology and eventually a £1,000 apology payment, however have taken the case to ICE and now the Parlimentary Ombudsman as not happy with the way it was handled. Have had an email today to say the case officer from the PO would personally like to come to my home to discuss the case further!! Will keep you posted.

And yes, do occasionally still have trouble from the EX because of this error
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    leighliz wrote: »
    I got a fickle apology and eventually a £1,000 apology payment, however have taken the case to ICE and now the Parlimentary Ombudsman as not happy with the way it was handled. Have had an email today to say the case officer from the PO would personally like to come to my home to discuss the case further!! Will keep you posted.

And yes, do occasionally still have trouble from the EX because of this error

This is why I cannot understand why some dim-wit senior civil servants or whoever- has changed the rules so you can't bypass ICE.

Having the PO case officer come to your house is fantastic. Having been to the PO twice, I must say they are great.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure