Spring Is Nearly Here

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10 replies 712 views
Ice_2Ice_2 Forumite
3.5K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
Well I have some flowering tete daffs and some crocus in the garden right now this week has been a mixed bag of weather tuesday it was freezing cold gale force winds yet yeasterday and today has been a joy to walk around the garden sunny and warm with the promise of spring in the air...spring is almost among us....I can't wait...
15_8_215.gif7_2_209.gif

Plans for 2009
1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.

Replies

• setmefree2setmefree2 Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely isn't it....;)
  • PoppycatPoppycat Forumite
    19.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weathers where I am has turned cooled again after the last 2 nice days, wind has returned, roll all Spring
  • alanobrienalanobrien Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bananas are starting to push out new leaves the big ones and the small ones,
    ok they are in the greenhouse.....garage......lounge......:D....but they definitely know its spring
  • I was dive-bombed by a butterfly while out walking the dogs yesterday.
    Winnings :D
    01/12/07 Baileys Cocktail Shaker

My other signature is in English.
  • Ice_2Ice_2 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    my big daffs are about to flower...:jyahhh some colour:j

Plans for 2009
  • SolaSola Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    I did a load of gardening last weekend, making up hanging baskets and window boxes of grape hyacinth, pansies and primroses. The fat bumblebees really appreciated it!

Definitely feeling like Spring is knocking on the door, but unfortunately this coming weekend is due to be very wet, when I wanted to start on the beds. I'll have to confine myself to starting things off in the propagator.
  • trutru Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our daffs and crocus have been flowering for over a week, the frost hasn't affected them at all :confused: Thought it would have killed them off.

Toms have their 'proper' leaves now so I'll re-pot them this week. I have loads, how much do you think I could sell them for? :D
    Bulletproof
  • A_ClockA_Clock Forumite
    317 Posts
    My daffs have been out since mid Feb :cool:
  • Ice_2Ice_2 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    my front garden hasn't had a real good clear out since I became ill so after about 3 years of just looking at it I finally was able to get out and give it a good clear out in november...thought I'd gone abit mad though so was pleasently surprised when the crocus came up and the tete daffs so now my big daffs are coming into flower although they seem to be abit late by the sounds of it...:Dcan't wait for some warmer weather so I can give the beds a hoe and get started re-designing it all...I am going for the lets see if we can keep the weeds at bay look with gravel in the centre where the grass is and chipped bark or coca mulch around everywhere else so that the plants can still come up and live in peace...instead of struggling with the weeds...my son bless him has been cutting the grass but anything else is beyond him he kept watering a plant or so he thought it was said one night that it was growing a treat it was a 3 foot docum leaf lovely coloured flower thought but still a weed...lol..:rotfl:

Plans for 2009
  • JWFJWF Forumite
    363 Posts
    We've had butterflies, bumblebees (which the dog tried to eat lol) and the daffs are flowering. I really like this time of year!

The snowdrops have finished now, and we have some in a place that isn't so good for them so I'll probably move them soon.
    All I seem to hear is blah blah blah!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News