PayPal - Setting Delivery Address To A Different Country?

Options
My Drop-Shipping plan has hit a rather large snag - in the listing i said i'd post to most the EU, and low and behold my 5th buyer is from France - To buy from my seller I use PayPal checkout, and I click "Add A New Address" - heres the problem - If i do it this way there is no way I can pick another country than the UK.

Is there any way I can do this?

Would be a PITA to refund the buyer and risk a neg :(
Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,306 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AS you are using a UK registered paypal account you can't add a non UK address. You need to sort out a different payment method or remove overseas sales from your listings ASAP.

Also, as you are new a neg will destroy your business, so do everything you can to resolve this. Also, a non performing seller complaitn against you isn't going to help either.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh. Crap.

Thanks for your help :X
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Emailed the buyer, removed the reference to international from all listings etc - hope it's enough!

Thanks for saving my bacon again!
  • usignuolo
    usignuolo Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a paypal account for a long time, long before there was even a .co.uk version I had a verified .com account but when they set up .co.uk it reverted to that.

My son lives in New York and from time to time I buy items for him in the US and have them shipped to him in the US. I was doing this until quite recently and have an alternative USA delivery address for him on file with Paypal.

Last month he moved (within New York). I bought some stuff on line in the US.for him last week, I want to pay with Paypal and ship to him in New York. So I went on line to change his NY address, I found you can't amend Paypal's alternative delivery addresses, only add new ones.

So I then tried to add his new address in NY as another alternative delivery but now it won't let me add USA as the country, keeps defaulting back to the UK. Is this a recent development, I have never had any problem in the past?

I suppose I could send the sellers my credit card details instead but it does seem daft. I can buy things on Amazon anywhere and ship them anywhere. Last month I bought an item in France on Amazons French site and had it shipped to the UK with no problems. So why not Paypal?.

Have Paypal just not thought it through? Or am I doing something wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure