ICICI dropping rates from 5/3/08

Options
Just had an email from ICICI informing me that the rates are dropping from the 5th of March to 6.16% AER. from 6.41% on the Hisave account and to 6.65% on the 1 year term account.

Comments

• wombat42_2
    wombat42_2 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    Options
    fisher-man wrote: »
    Just had an email from ICICI informing me that the rates are dropping from the 5th of March to 6.16% AER. from 6.41% on the Hisave account and to 6.65% on the 1 year term account.

Nice of them to give advance warning so snap up your 1year bond quick.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for that info. It makes the decision of whether to make a deposit with them much easier!
    Stompa
  • kevgroarke
    Options
    Is ICICI still keeping their promise of staying .3% above the rate of inflation by doing this?
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Thanks for that info. It makes the decision of whether to make a deposit with them much easier!

March 1st -March 3rd ish will herald many savings rate decreases from many providers. :(
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kevgroarke wrote: »
    Is ICICI still keeping their promise of staying .3% above the rate of inflation by doing this?
    Guarantee is to stay above base rate, not inflation - two different things. And yes, they are.
  • aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you still get instant access to your money if you move to one of their fixed term deposits - and is there a penalty for withdrawing any money at any time?
  • wombat42_2
    Options
    aj9648 wrote: »
    Do you still get instant access to your money if you move to one of their fixed term deposits - and is there a penalty for withdrawing any money at any time?

Yes you can withdraw any time from their fixed rate bonds - they just give you a reduced interest rate - like knock 1 or 2% off.
  • JohalaReewi
    Options
    wombat42 wrote: »
    Nice of them to give advance warning so snap up your 1year bond quick.

I think the email said you had to apply before 3rd march to get the bond at the current (old) rate.
  • Newly_retired
    Options
    Am I still in time to open a fixed term deposit? I have a Hi save a/c but only £10 in it. As from today I now have enough in my linked current account to transfer to a Hisave fixed term. Direct debit already set up, but given the weekend, is there still time to get the old rate before it changes?
    Given all the complaints I have read on this site about ICICI I have hesitated but the rate looks too good to pass up.
  • wombat42_2
    Options
    Am I still in time to open a fixed term deposit? I have a Hi save a/c but only £10 in it. As from today I now have enough in my linked current account to transfer to a Hisave fixed term. Direct debit already set up, but given the weekend, is there still time to get the old rate before it changes?
    Given all the complaints I have read on this site about ICICI I have hesitated but the rate looks too good to pass up.

I have never had any significant probs with ICICI. I think you are too late to snap up fixed term at current rates as will take you about 3 days to put money in your hisave account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure