comet extended warrenty worries

Options
hey everyone,
first post so go easy on me, also im having to use a games console so my grammer and spelling may be abit off.

basically i bought a laptop from comet 2 years ago, i also took out a 5 year warrenty for piece of mind.

but on 3/1/08 i booked the laptop in for a repair as it was over heating and the power cable worked intermitently.
i explained at the time that im in my final year at uni and need the laptop for study and around that i work part time for shell and also need it for that.
they said it would take two weeks.
10 days later i got a card through the post saying it would be delayed by 2 weeks, inconvient but these things happen.
so i went in store to collect it and was told it wasnt there and they couldnt find my paperwork, but i should try back the next day.
i did again it wasnt there and noone seemed to know anything about it.
the next day i got a call from the comet service center saying theyd just recieved the laptop (only took 4 weeks to ship it),
but they couldnt find the power cable to test, had i taken it in with the laptop, (yes i had).
next day another card saying it would be another two weeks.
around another 10 days later i recieved yet another card and decided id go instore to complain, the staff basically its not thier problem becuase comet use an external insurance company.
he did atleast phone and promised it would be ready by the date stated on the latest card.

10 days later and shock horror, another card, this time i called the insurance complaints line (which is open 8-5, so pointless if you work full time),
where i was it would deffintaly be ready in two weeks, i wasnt satisfied with that as id been told that alot before, and said i wanted a final deffinate date,
she just said comet can take as long as they like on repairs as they dont set a maximum repair time.
i argued that and said it wasnt good enough, but she just kept talking over me and repeating the same, and talking over me more loudly if i objected.

i finally said i wanted to make a complaint about being messed around like this, she said i cant because they havent done anything wrong.
at that point i asked whats the point in a complaints line when i cant complain, she said nothing so i hung up.

please please please help me, im struggling with my uni work and work commitments becuase uptil now everythings been on computer and so its all saved on memory sticks, im having to travel to friends and familys houses so i can use the internet and office software.
this cover cost me £400 and thier simply fobbing me off, and its affecting my work now so im really not happy.

any advice would be great.
cheers steve.

also ive been in touch with trading standards but they say it'll be atleast 8 weeks for an officail complaint to be processed, which is time i simply dont have
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure