british Gas problems

Options
Hello, I pay my Gas by a token meter which was installed before I moved in my house. This morning I received what is supposed to be a bill stating that it is my summary of Gas in kWh used from 8 Feb 2007, I rang british gas and asked them how come I havent received a prpoer bill which shows how much gas I have bought, and used and I was told that this is the new way that bills are sent. I requested a bill and explained that the new bills that are supposed to be easier are not as they are totally ridiculous to attempt to understand. I was told that it could take up to 3 weeks for me to receive a breakdown that I have requested. I just wonder how people on token meters are being robbed, as the old bill used to show how much tokens we had bought to how much gas used, sometimes even getting back a rebate. Yet now all of this information is no longer available. And when this information is requested it takes weeks to appear? Also I asked for my meter to be replaced to an ordinary meter and was told that I have to pay £150 upfront, as being on a token meter means I am a bad debt, british gas suck!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport