We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit card in credit dilema
Mook
Posts: 2 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hello all, first posting here.
I wont go into detail of how and why but I'm in credit to the tune of £1800 on my Virgin/MBNA credit card following some balance transfer mix-up. I've already paid the transfer fees for two new cards and don't really fancy paying any more.
Any ideas on how I can dump the credit from this account to one of the cards in debit as cheaply as possible?
By the way, one of the other cards is from Abbey - I thought they were part of MBNA and wouldn't allow a transfer between MBNA accounts.
Thanks in advance
Mook
I wont go into detail of how and why but I'm in credit to the tune of £1800 on my Virgin/MBNA credit card following some balance transfer mix-up. I've already paid the transfer fees for two new cards and don't really fancy paying any more.
Any ideas on how I can dump the credit from this account to one of the cards in debit as cheaply as possible?
By the way, one of the other cards is from Abbey - I thought they were part of MBNA and wouldn't allow a transfer between MBNA accounts.
Thanks in advance
Mook
0
Comments
-
Ask MBNA to send the money directly to your current account, and check there's no fee for doing so.0
-
Cheers Yorkshireboy, will get onto them ASAP. Simple when you know how eh?
Thanks
Mook0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards