Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Sky phones

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
8 replies 1.1K views
rita90rita90 Forumite
7 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
I am thinking of signing up for Sky TV, Broadband and free phone calls, as the service I am getting from tiscali for the phone line is not good (the broadband is excellent)
Anyone had any experience with Sky phones?
Most grateful. :eek:

Replies

• matrix999matrix999 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    rita90 wrote: »
    I am thinking of signing up for Sky TV, Broadband and free phone calls, as the service I am getting from tiscali for the phone line is not good (the broadband is excellent)

I'm currently in the process of changing my phone line rental to Sky. So far, my calls have been CPS'd over to Sky with no fuss what so ever and now my line rental is in the process of being transfered over on the 05 March 2008.

Sky have kept me fully up to date with the progress by letter.

Excellent Service :)
  • billsavingsbillsavings Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    matrix999 wrote: »
    I'm currently in the process of changing my phone line rental to Sky. So far, my calls have been CPS'd over to Sky with no fuss what so ever and now my line rental is in the process of being transfered over on the 05 March 2008.

Sky have kept me fully up to date with the progress by letter.

Excellent Service :)

So your no longer be able to use the likes of 1899/18185 then , or the BT override facility 1280.
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Never a wise choice to move your line rental away from BT. The few pennies you save on the line rental is lost on not being able to route your calls elsewhere to even cheaper providers.

Moving to Sky, you'll be stuck, you'll have to keep having TV off them if you want to keep the phone service and broadband, if you decide you can no longer afford the TV and have to cancel, then your phone service is lost and moving back to BT is going to cost. A very big mistake to make moving line rental away from BT.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • billsavingsbillsavings Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    rita90 wrote: »

If Tiscali have unbundled your phone line. Sky will not take you direct from Tiscali. Your need to go back to BT first.
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    If Tiscali have unbundled your phone line. Sky will not take you direct from Tiscali. Your need to go back to BT first.

Which may cost. Then you are tied into a 12 month contract for the line rental with BT or pay £70 to break it.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    BexTech wrote: »
    Never a wise choice to move your line rental away from BT. The few pennies you save on the line rental is lost on not being able to route your calls elsewhere to even cheaper providers.

Moving to Sky, you'll be stuck, you'll have to keep having TV off them if you want to keep the phone service and broadband, if you decide you can no longer afford the TV and have to cancel, then your phone service is lost and moving back to BT is going to cost. A very big mistake to make moving line rental away from BT.

Moving back to BT from a Sky LLU exchange will not cost anything as it is simply a reverse migration, so long as BT is informed prior to the Sky line being disconnected.

As far as i'm concerned up to know the service I have had from Sky is 100 times better than BT. . Simple things like when you call Sky you actually get to speak to someone and not being held in a BT call queue system for 30 mins at a time.

The few pennies in line rental I will save will actually amount to a lot of pounds rather than pennies. As I can use my Sky Credit Card loyalty points to get a massive discount on my overall Sky Package incl Sky TV, Sky Talk and Sky Broadband.

All this fear about moving away from BT due to not being able to get cheap call providers 1899 and overide facilites 1280 is a lot of rubbish.

If you don't like Sky Talk incl Line Rental you can simply move back to BT free of charge so long as you inform BT first.
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    So your no longer be able to use the likes of 1899/18185 then , or the BT override facility 1280.

Have no need to use overide or cheap call facilites as I get a discount on my overall Sky package using my Sky Credit Card loyalty points.

Can't see BT offering something like this.
  • Thanks everyone, you have given me a lot to think about.
    :beer: rita90
This discussion has been closed.