Free Fat Trap (merged)

Options

Comments

• rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks

I've merged your post with a previous thread :)
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

• Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I hope no one else has posted this but apologies if they have.

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/index.php?sectionid=108&contentid=433

Every year householders pour thousands of litres of waste fat, grease and cooking oil down their sinks, unaware of the problems it may cause.
    The hot liquid cools quickly to form a solid mass and can, over time, build up in pipes and sewers and result in a blockage. In extreme situations, drains and sewers become blocked leading to the flooding of gardens and properties.

Hence the creation of a new product 'Fat Trap', a sealable tub that encourages customers to collect the fat and oils into it before disposal into a bin. Anglian Water has teamed up with the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) and the manufacturer Less Mess Ltd to not only encourage people to avoid putting greasy deposits down their plugholes but also to recycle it for the benefit of garden birds.

food for birds

As winter approaches birds need all the energy they can get and mixing waste fat with seeds, nuts and raisins to create your own 'bird cake' is a great food source for them.

Anglian Water customers can request a Fat Trap by clicking here
    http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/formprocessor.php?mode=fat
    and complete the requst form.

However, if you live outside of our region, for a small fee of around £1.00, you too can purchase a Fat Trap directly from the manufacturer, Less Mess Ltd at https://www.lessmess.co.uk or by calling 01271 817 977.
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • jules-2005
    jules-2005 Posts: 2,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you, I have just applied for one as I live in the area
    There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word which means more to me than any other. That word is England.

£2 savers club 2014 No.32 - £104 (was £504)
  • fuzzy_3
    fuzzy_3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    So have I - thanks!
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    Gutted! saw the title and thought I'd be able to deal with the king size tom cat digging up the plants.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • loopyloo_4
    loopyloo_4 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. Looks like a great idea.
    Life is not about how many breaths you take.... Its about how many moments take your breath away

Member of £2 coin savers = total so far £8
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Liney wrote:
    I hope no one else has posted this but apologies if they have.

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/index.php?sectionid=108&contentid=433

No need for apologies. I've merged your post with a previous thread. Judging by the posts on Freebies Gone But Not Forgotten, this freebie arrives quite quickly. :)
  • fairycherub
    Options
    oh dear,what a waste of time!
  • bordercars
    bordercars Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry it's not a slimming aid, it's to help stop blocking your drains at home, free to anglian water address customers, £1 to others. follows is a brief quote from their site:

"Every year householders pour thousands of litres of waste fat, grease and cooking oil down their sinks, unaware of the problems it may cause.
    The hot liquid cools quickly to form a solid mass and can, over time, build up in pipes and sewers and result in a blockage. In extreme situations, drains and sewers become blocked leading to the flooding of gardens and properties.

Hence the creation of a new product 'Fat Trap', a sealable tub that encourages customers to collect the fat and oils into it before disposal into a bin. Anglian Water has teamed up with the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) and the manufacturer Less Mess Ltd to not only encourage people to avoid putting greasy deposits down their plugholes but also to recycle it for the benefit of garden birds."

to get yours ....
    http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/index.php?contentid=433&sectionid=108&parentid=30
    Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
    CCC Play Off Winners 2010
  • candy210212000
    Options
    Don't empty your waste fat, grease and oils down the sink! Get a Fat Trap instead and save yourself from the hassle of blocked pipes, drains and sewers. :j
    !!!!!!!!Bingo Mad!!!!!!!!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport