condensing(bosch) boiler- from where to buy?

Options
Hi Guys

can anyone tell me where will i get the good price for w-bosch boiler? is there any one who offers great deals?

Regards
Pats

Comments

• IJJoseph
    IJJoseph Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are many places to obtain these from but if you contact your local council they are currently running a scheme called the Big Boiler Scheme. They'll have details of participating plumbers and you'll get a good discount.

Personally I don't rate the Worcester Bosch that highly. I prefer the Vaillant. They have a stainless steel heat exchanger with a 2 yr warranty and the rest of the boiler has a 5 yr warranty.

In fact my step father is a building services consultant for a local authority, he recommends approximately 1000 boilers a year. He has stopped using the Worcester Bosch as he hasn't found them to be as reliable as the Vaillant and the cost difference is not too significant.

Hope this helps.
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IJJoseph wrote:
    Personally I don't rate the Worcester Bosch that highly. I prefer the Vaillant. They have a stainless steel heat exchanger with a 2 yr warranty and the rest of the boiler has a 5 yr warranty.

In fact my step father is a building services consultant for a local authority, he recommends approximately 1000 boilers a year. He has stopped using the Worcester Bosch as he hasn't found them to be as reliable as the Vaillant and the cost difference is not too significant.

I've got a new Worcester Bosch 28HE system boiler which is very good and generally higly recommended. It also comes with a 2 year guarantee and as i've still got the British Gas 5 Star service thing - i'm not too bothered anyway.

The top 2 boiler brands are no doubt Vaillant and Worcester Bosch. My WB was fitted by their local registered installer for my area, so he was WB trained etc. He did great job, charged a very fair price and the whole registered fitter thing gave peace of mind.
  • skywatcher
    skywatcher Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a Worcester Bosch 30HE installed last week. It was also fitted by the local registered installer and he also did an excellent job. If you go to their website they may have a list of installers for your area.........just a thought.
  • nitinpatil
    nitinpatil Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys
    thanks for your reply but I am not sure which boiler model is best for me ? I looked both Vaillant and WB but confused. any suggestions from your side ? I need 80,000BTU - thats what my corgi plumber told me.

Thanks
    Pats
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family