Hotel / B&B recommendations in Dublin & lastminute.com

Options
Folks :-
I'm planning a long weekend in Dublin in 3 weeks time. I've got the flights booked so am now looking for a good cheap hotel or B&B in Dublin for 19th to 22nd August. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Having looked through the archives on this site some people have said they have got cheap accomodation via lastminute.com. Looking through lastminute.com there isn't anything on that site for the dates I want to travel at prices I can't get anywhere else. If I wait will the prices drop? Is there a rule of thumb for when prices start to drop on the site?

Thanks

Kevin

Comments

• shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have been looking at packages to dublin with lastminute and they are pretty cheap for hotel and flight.. as u have already got your flights this wont help but what i was thinking is could you check the packages out and then go to the hotel sites and see how much the hotels are on their own??

i know this may be a bit long winded way round but it might be one way of checking out whats available for the dates u want

HTH
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • sylwright
    sylwright Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went to Dublin last October and stayed at the Harcourt Hotel which was just a 5 minute walk from St. Stephens Green. I searched everywhere for the cheapest price for this hotel and the best price was on https://www.gulliver.ie

I have just checked for the dates you want and there are lots available including the Harcourt Hotel.

I was advised to stay south of the river and having seen the areas I would agree with that.

Hope you get sorted.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family