We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Fraudulent transactions made on my card

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.

Today I received a statement from my Littlewoods Visa credit card which I thought was unusual as it has not been used for quite a while and has a zero balance.
Anyway I have had 3 transactions during January for the amounts of:
18 Jan - £120
18 Jan - £100
21 Jan - £100
Total - £320

The amounts taken have following details - 1-800-305-7817, Luxembourg.

I have Googled the number and it seems to be an online Casino.

I have contacted Littlewoods to cancel the card and to start a dispute, My card has been packed safely away for quite a while so no one has had access to it.

The only way that this could have happened is if my details have been kept from a previous transaction or if it was someone with access to the details on Littlewoods system.

It is very worrying as I am always security conscious but this shows how easy it can be done.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?

Pete

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.