Vacancies in Cornwall/Devon

Options
Hi - can anyone help. I have 2 weeks off from July 30th and would like to go to Devon/Cornwall. Can anyone recommend anywhere that will have vacancies. Not too fussed were we go/stay. Many thanks.
if i had known then what i know now

Comments

• Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    Lately I have found there are many hotels and B&Bs with Vacancy signs up in peak season, so if you are a semi risk taker I would try turning up and finding a nice looking place and try to do a deal. I remember feeling sick that a couple had got an exact same room as the one we had booked for less than half the price, we paid £120 and they paid £40, just because they turned up that day and did a deal!! If I hadn't a baby I would be turning up and doing the same.

Perhaps do your homework and find an area you would like to go to, look up on Trip Advisor for good reviews, take a list of 20 and just drive round and see if any vacancy signs are up. The only time I would say not to do this is on Bank Holiday weekends.

If you can't find anything the tourist office can near enough always find you a hotel room as a last resort. Remember there are so many places in Cornwall and Devon that not every bed is taken every night.

We stay in Falmouth, and I can safely say apart from major festival dates and BHolidays there is always a vacancy sign up in the town.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    According to local papers there has been a slower than normal amount of bookings. I wanted a few days at a site with our caravan with some friends and was surprised to easily get 2 pitches on a popular site. There are vacancies. Most places like B & B you would not find on the web, to book but just see the sign outside the house. Try here, but it's not exhaustive.

Buy a cheap tent and stay anywhere. You could get a nice one at a well known local hypermarket for £29.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure