Quiche and egg custards - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Quiche and egg custards

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
13 replies 2K views
2»

Replies

• ok an update from me.
    The egg custatrd was awful. It came out looking nice but when I cut into it it was like scrambled eggs but all lumpy and runny. The dogs loved it though!
    Wish me look for the next adventure. I think im going to need it
    2007 is my getting slim year
    Total weight loss so far is 16llbs:T
    Total to go 15 pounds:eek:
    Not no more as im having a baby:D
  • squeakysqueaky Forumite
    14.1K posts
    I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which recipe did you make?

CuriousFolks'R'us :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • ok an update from me.
    The egg custatrd was awful. It came out looking nice but when I cut into it it was like scrambled eggs but all lumpy and runny. The dogs loved it though!
    Wish me look for the next adventure. I think im going to need it

I've only just read this.

The the custard must have been over-cooked. When this happens the protein in the eggs tightens up and squeezes the fluid out, this is called syneresis. You sometimes see this in scrambled eggs that have been cooked for too long, the creamy egg mixture turns into blobbly eggy lumps and there is liquid released into the pan.

So just a little less heat or less cooking and it will be fine next time