Verging on depression!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• devonsdreamer
    Options
    Hi there,

Well done on ralising that you want (and need) to make changes to get a grip on your financial situation. Reading your post I think you have a good idea of where to make a start.
    I would suggest that you take a deep breath, and speak with your partner about what is going on for you. I would imagine that she already is worried about you, as she will see you are stressed, and just dosen't know what it is she should be worried about yet. If you are planning on spending your lives together you will, at times, need to be able to lean on each other for support- I am not suggesting that she should be "bailing you out" financial but that working together you may be able to sort the situation out and she could motivate you to stick to your plan.

I too had spending issues and have found that setting myself saving challenges are far more fun than the buzz of spending.
    Good luck with quiting smoking if you decide that is something you want to do!
    Don't get strung out by the way I look,
    Don't judge a book by it's cover
  • tallyhoh
    tallyhoh Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am a chocoholic, go to Lidl for huge bags of caramel bars, theres about 12 Mars type things for about £1.10. Should last about 3 days. Theres also loads of other types.
    Tallyhoh! Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved £29382.50 so far!
  • Superheavy
    Options
    Hey Mick, don't feel bad about getting depressed, that's one of the things that happens most often in these situations, as I well know myself.

Personally, I probably get one or two sleepless nights every week where I just can't get it all out of my head, and end up staring at the ceiling hating myself for getting into the pickle I'm in.

However, when the dawn comes you've just got to keep your head up and keep working towards that solution, rather than staring into the abyss of the problem. Good luck mate, and any tips are much appreciated.
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • carrottopsuk
    Options
    Hi,

There's plenty of Home bargains in Liverpool, you always get chocolate cheap there. Buy enough for the week to resist spending the money on a daily basis.

Good luck :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport