Get Sky to pay for BT line/connection !!

Hi

I've been trying to get my brother-in-law to sign up to a special promotion that Sky offered to me.

It was the possibility to get a family member or friend a Free Sky+ box (note not just a Sky box), Free Installation along with Free Broadband and Free telephone calls via SkyTalk.

However, he is currently through Virgin and does not have a Bt telephone line - a MUST if you want Sky.

I have searched this thread along with numerous other sites to try and get him to get the connection put in cheaper but the best deal I could find was for £62.50 (half price).

......he has now gone direct to Sky customer services to see what they can do and, would you believe it, THEY will pay for the line connection!

He has to pay BT direct to get the work carried out but then sends his bill off to Sky. They then credit his account by £125, therefore he will save £125 Plus get a free £200 Sky+ box and save a further £60 on installation, getting broadband thrown in too - makes the deal unreal!!

I also get £50 in M&S vouchers too. :-)

Can't find a better deal than this (you can use this one on "it pays to watch" Martin ;-)

The offer may only last a few days/weeks so "fill ye boots".

Cheers
Chris

Just to add that if you or your friend have not been offered a Sky+ deal promotion, you can ask for the "normal" sky box which is avaialble to all through tv adverts etc.

Comments

• so has anyone actually had any luck with this...? I contacted sky and the just passed me straight on to a company called topline who refused point blank..... the lady at sky said that they setup the deal and she was just at a central call center.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure