Most reliable car.

Options

Comments

• anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can't help but notice some Chevrolet branding there. Wonder if they're going to bring Ladas to the UK under the Chevrolet branding. I don't think they could ever get away with the Lada branding here.
  • goldspanners
    Options
    i dont know if you noticed but in my link the chevrolet niva has a headlight bulb not working!
    LOL!!!
    ...work permit granted!
  • spooky0004
    Options
    i bought my car in from japan saved about £2000:j by using a site called japautoagent.om.
    my other half was the fist to use this and since then we have brought 3 cars in and saved about £5000 on the uk price for the same cars if you want to sae on buying a used car this is the way to do it
    my car was 10 years old when bought but looked about 2 yeas old
    just thought i would say as the money i saved went on a new pc
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    One thing I would say with grey imports, is that they are not covered by ANY dealer warrenties, they are also hard to find parts for as the information is not held on UK databases and they will have different spec's to UK standards so you may need to ship items from the place of manufacture just to service it. Needs to be taken into consideration before making a purchase.
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    german or japanese.
    japanese will be cheaper to fix than german if it does go wrong though.
    I'd have to beg to differ. Having worked at Nissan and now VW, german parts are considerably cheaper.
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Options
    Subaru - hard as nails but costly on fuel, insurance servicing and repairs if you need them.
    Of the cars I have actually had the one(s) that best matches your description is the Nissan Primera in the build years 1992 to 2002, covers two versions of the car, I had both. Great fun to drive, the only thing ever to break on them was an £80 fuel pump on the first one I had at 90,000 miles.
    As regards styling, they were bland, then Nissan tried to make the styling more interesting and in the process made it ugly. Luckily you said you don't care about the looks ;)
  • albionrovers
    albionrovers Posts: 2,028 Forumite
    Options
    BMW e39 520i. Cheap as chips.
  • spooky0004
    Options
    i beg to differ the parts are quite easy to get hold of these days as there are so many inports here now its like any uk car there are cheap insurance companies out there the girlfriends mum found it cheaper to insure a mazda bongo with 2 named drivers than her senic by over £150 and if you use the right garage there not any different in service price to the same uk model
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Subaru Stealth Wagon (S Turbo). Hard as nails.

Corrected your post :D
  • jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    old Hondas are the best!
    worth looking at this site, to get independent views
    http://www.peachorlemon.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories