Recommendation for Good Cheap Printer

Options
Hi
can anyone recommend a good cheap colour printer? I'm looking for it to be able to print on CDs and DVDs, if it's wifi capable then all the better but not necessary. Currently have Epson, understand Cannon printers have cheap cartidges. Any ideas please?
Cheers
Dave

Comments

• TheChillPill
    TheChillPill Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For the CD/DVD printing capabilities, the best of the bunch is either the Epson R200/R300 or the Canon IP4000 (model number from memory). You can get cheap cartridges for both, though the epsons are generally more readily available.

I have both an R200 and an R300, and printing wise they are identical. The R300 has an LCD menu screen and can print directly from memory cards/usb devices, but thats the only advantage really. Having said that, recently I've noticed the price difference between the R200 and R300 to be as little as £10 in some places, so I'd recommend spending the extra if just from a future resale point of view.

I'm happy with them though - the CD printing on the Canon I'm told lasts longer though, but the wear rate on the Epsons isn't likely to cause you a problem anyway.
  • TheChillPill
    TheChillPill Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, should clarify that last point - both printers use a sliding tray which you place the discs on. The epsons have a plastic piece on the end that can wear down, thus when you go to feed it into the printer, you have to give it a little nudge.

Again, I only noticed this start to happen after around 500 discs, and all it really means is having to nudge it in - certainly never bothered me anyway.

Mine is also about a year old now, so they may very well have addressed that by now.
  • dave321
    dave321 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks, I'll have a look at them both.
    Cheers
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family