Martin, Can You Help Us Ex-pats

Dear Martin, one and all.

When living in the UK I was an avid user of moneysavingexpert.com and continuously recommend the site to my UK friends. I have now been living on the costa blanca for 2 and a half years and it's hard to save money. Any chance of the site having a link with some useful information for us ex pats trying to make our money go a little further out here.

Any information by anyone would be greatly received.

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello ZALANE

Welcome (back) to the MSE site.:wave:

I'll move your thread to the 'Site Feedback: Questions & suggestions' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • LesD
    LesD Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ZALANE wrote: »
    Dear Martin, one and all.

When living in the UK I was an avid user of moneysavingexpert.com and continuously recommend the site to my UK friends. I have now been living on the costa blanca for 2 and a half years and it's hard to save money. Any chance of the site having a link with some useful information for us ex pats trying to make our money go a little further out here.

Any information by anyone would be greatly received.

I wouldn't hold your breath! This has been asked several times and you'll just get pointed in the direction of the 'Silver Savers Board'!!!!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=94140

We've got a place in Murcia and I tried to start an MSN users group for money-saving ideas, but it faded away as the only ones posting anything were those like us in the UK with holiday homes!

http://groups.msn.com/SavingMoneyAtCamposol
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    oh that will be me you're talking about LesD :)

Yes its been asked several times and the thread you have linked to is a compromise but any thread or indeed board can only be successful if people actually post on it and I don't see any posts from you LesD?

Zalane I'm sure the users on the thread will welcome any ideas you have or links that you can find and that way you can trade information/links etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure