Anyone heard of VOIP Communications?

Options
I have had a fax from Voip sending me a complimentary Voip communications calling card whereby I can dial a freephone number dial a code and then dial the number I want to connect to. This access's the voip network free of charge up to a value of £50 within 30 days. This all sounds too good to be true - there is no con her is there by typing in the 14 digit code once the freephone number is dialled?

Also they give details of transferring over a business line to voip which they claim to be cheaper than BT. Their internet site is https://www.voiptelecomuk.co.uk but doesn't actually tell you what there rates are! Additionally they say that you can use their service completely free for 10 days and finally you get 20% cashback after 1 year.

This seems a good deal for business users but is it cheaper than other alternatives?

Anyone heard of them and or tried them out (I couldn't find anything when doing a search on this site)?

Please advise

Comments

• sergeant121
    Options
    A web site which doesn't tell you their rates?

Tread carefully ................

In case you don't know what VOIP is, I found THIS (although it's American).

There's been a fair amount of chat on the saynoto0870.com forums recently about UK universities changing to 0870 numbers associated with VOIP (where, even if you find out the geographical number, you can't dial it and have to dial in at expensive 0870 rates).  Clearly not more efficient but a money-making idea which the universities appear to be grabbing hold of with both hands.
    30 years, 217 days!
  • cmorgan
    cmorgan Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that Heinz.

Maybe I will give them a miss.

Am tempted to use the complimentary calling card though as this looks genuinely free. Anyone now why I should not do this, I am always a bit nervous about inputting a code via a telephone but as it is a freephone number that you dial surely there can be no harm?

Once again many thanks Heinz for the information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure