Television Engineer wanted

Options
rizla01
rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi,

I have a SONY trinitron model No KVX2282U.

About 9 years old now has recently started playing up.

The problem is that the remote receiver doesn't always respond to the button pressed on the remote control -- till you bang the TV, or, pick it up and drop it a few inches. That'll cure it for maybe a day or more then back comes the problem. (Definately NOT the batteries in the remote)

Either a dry joint or a loose chip, I suspect.

Would you agree? If so whereabouts will I find the misbehaving component and what does it look like?

Got to solve this as I don't want to replace the set till I move in 10 Mths and If I carry on Bashing/dropping it, it'll pack up altogether, I suspect.

any help gratefully received,

Riz
"Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Comments

• nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Ring 08706111999 (someone might be able to find a none 0870 number) it's Sony's consumer information centre. Ask them if they can suggest a local repair agent.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • rizla01
    rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nearlyrich wrote:
    Ring 08706111999 (someone might be able to find a none 0870 number) it's Sony's consumer information centre. Ask them if they can suggest a local repair agent.

Thanks for that but since it probably just wants something pushing into place I think I can manage that myself. No waiting in and no charge. Wot this board is all about, I think you'll agree.
    "Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure