Sound Card Splitter??

Options
Hi,

I need to get a splitter for my sound card so that i can play sound out through both my TFT monitor speakers and normal speakers. Is this possible?

I've seen a few adapters but am unsure of the size i.e 2.5mm or 3.5mm ???

I think i need a convertor for 2.5mm(male) to 2x 2.5mm(female) - is this right?

How much are these?

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• criminal_smile
    Options
    Have a look at this one on eBay. Only £1.89 delivered too.
    I haven't been asked to tell you that I'm the [highlight]Board Drunk[/highlight] for this board. As the night wears on, my posts will become worse, with simple spelling mistakes, inane ramblings, and a blatant disregard for the truth. I have no authority to do anything, so there's no point asking or telling me. If you see me past midnight, please tell me to get my coat and order me a taxi.

Free Ebay Simple Profit/Loss Spreadsheet. PM me for a download link.
  • wolfman
    wolfman Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    Options
    The above post is an example of what you'd want. It's a 3.5mm jack port in the back of your sound card, so you'll need a male 3.5mm jack splitting to two female 3.5mm jack ports.

If you have a maplin nearby pop in there. It shouldn't cost you more than a couple of quid.
    "Boonowa tweepi, ha, ha."
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use one of these for headphones and/or speakers (just turn the speaker volume down as needed) and it works ok. Make sure you get a stereo splitter - speaker out is same size socket as (mono) microphone in.
  • flang
    flang Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    You may have problems with the sound only playing out of one speaker on your hifi, but this problem can be overcome by plaing about with the audio setting and balance control.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure