epson stylus 740

Options
I have an epson 740 colour printer when I print a web page all the text is missing from the righthand side of the page any advice anyone.

Comments

• boogiemaster
    Options
    You could try getting the software to clean the print head, also test to see if the print head is out of alignment.
    That should do the trick, if not read the manual or visit Epsom web site
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When the Print dialog comes up, select Properties, go to Layout and tick 'Fit To Page'.
  • dieseldog
    dieseldog Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    I have clicked the fit to page button it looks as though there is about 1 inch of text missing from the right hand side of the page.
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing to do with the printer, problem lies with Internet Explorer. It doesn't happen normally if you use Firefox but there is a workaround for IE, I'll just try and find it.
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A common problem with IE. Use Firefox instead, it shrinks the webpage to fit the paper.
  • Martin100
    Martin100 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Altarf wrote:
    A common problem with IE. Use Firefox instead, it shrinks the webpage to fit the paper.

I have a feeling that as stated previously this is an IE problem. I get this with my Epson C86 printer so its nothing new. In Internet Explorer, try changing the File_Page setup_to Landscape. That works for me.

Regards,
    Martin
  • dieseldog
    dieseldog Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    What are the advantages of firefox over IE?
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    Options
    I read somewhere that it's worth a try reducing the right margin to 0 before printing - this is supposed to 'redraw' the printed page (will adjust the 0 to whatever the minimum is for you printer). You need to do this from Print Preview, using the Page Setup button (top left, next to the 'Print..' button).

For me, main advantages of firefox (apart from printing..) is tabbed browsing, better popup blocking, and download history.
  • MattOsprey
    MattOsprey Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    dieseldog wrote:
    Much more fun. Less chance of being attacked (mainly because it's not as big as IE so the hacks stick to IE). Very small program and very easy to use. You can customise you theme (back/forward buttons homepage button etc).
    0005.gif
    To win a competition gives you the spirit to carry on (Comping).
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dieseldog wrote:

Small, quick, free, useful features that IE is missing (such as printing what you can see), and with free addins like this http://adblock.mozdev.org/

Downsides. The only one I have found is that some banking websites which require an ActiveX addin, won't work. But since you can't rid yourself of IE, it is always there if you need it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure