CCA Request

Options
Hi PPL,

I have a very simple question.

I have been sent the usual letters demanding payment from a couple of DCA's.

Have sent in the letter asking for copy of credit agreement etc etc.

The problem is I hear back from them , saying they have contacted their client and that the information is no longer available and they have closed my account and passed it back to the client.

Great I thought, but then I get a letter from a complete different DCA and it starts again and when I sent in the same letter again I get the same response so the problem is are they keep going to transfer it from DCA to DCA or how can I make it stop.

Its obvious they do not have the credit agreement (as they have told me). Pls HELP....

Thanks

Comments

• MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I would send the same letter, copy in the original debtor and advice that if they do not provide the CCA then you will contact the OFT regarding their harrassment and report both the DCA and the original Creditor. Make sure it's sent recorded mail and if you get another letter then contact the OFT with your proof.
    Good luck!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    I would not worry, keep all letters , as above , send copy of response to any new DCA . Also write to the OFT with all details . good luck
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am beginning to think we need to revise the CCA request or add another letter so that the company has to confirm that they are not passing information onto other DCas under the Data protection Act. Then peope could report them to the Information Commissioner for passing false information, which might be more effective.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • rayday2
    rayday2 Posts: 3,960 Forumite
    Options
    Might be worth thinking about that, also we could do with a sticky at the top with letters in it the amount of times you scrabble round finding links for people. Would be more beneficial than some of the stickys we have at the top!
  • stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    There is a template letter available to be sent after failure to supply a CCA , it requests deletation of all files as per DATA PROTECTION ACT .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure