Blackpool Pleasure Beach 2009 Admission Warning

Options
I visited the pleasure beach last weekend and recieved an email thanking me for my visit as i'd ordered the wristbands online. At the bottom of the email was the following

"
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For 2009 Pleasure Beach will be operating a new entry system.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guests will be required to purchase either an Unlimited Ride Wristband or a £5 Freedom Pass to enter Pleasure Beach.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Freedom Pass includes entry to the Following attractions:
Chinese Puzzle Maze,
Pleasure Beach Express,
Monorail,
Noah's Ark and the Stage Show at Planet Rock.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know i won't be alone in not liking this as my wife never goes on any rides so basically it will be a £5 admission charge for nothing. I think they tried this at Southport Pleasureland which went down like a lead balloon, although i don't think BPB will close like pleasureland (since reopened under new ownership). [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"An entrance fee had also been introduced which proved unpopular and resulted in a serious downturn in the number of visitors"][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I hope this is of use to someone[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phizza[/FONT]

Comments

• withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    The main effect will be to reduce the number of people who just go to wander about and use the toilets and the Chavs who just go there to hang around/thump the penny falls/write graffiti/pick pockets/gob on the floor etc.
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Bunnie1982
    Bunnie1982 Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    PBB only charging £5 is a bargain compared to Alton Towers who'll charge them £34. And for their £5 they still get to go on a few of the rides, the sorts families with younger kids can do together.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure