Sunday 17/02/08 What small dfw thing hve you done today???

Options

Comments

• andan
    andan Posts: 2,110 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all, hope everyone is having a good day.

my dfw things for today have been/are:
    -Go out for a practice drive with the boyfriend (thus giving me experience so that i can hopefully take my test soon and save on lots of expensive lessons with instructor)
    -Make store cupboard meals today and plan meals for next few days from store cupboard so that i'm not buying food unnecessarily.
    -Do daily clicks
    -Do any surveys in inbox
    -Check out this site
    -Have played some online bingo but didn't win
    -Am trying to keep the heating off for as long as possible

Happy birthday Kellsbells, hope its a good one:D
    :j Live on £4500, £2531/£4500:T 101 in 1001 (52/101):j:beer::j

• bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today me and my son loaded up the car and went to the local car boot sale, I made £50 and he made £20
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • Puzzledbubbles
    Options
    Today i havent spent any money and ive decided to quit smoking again, bizzarely i gave up this time last year and lasted for 3 months - this time its the long haul.
  • TangledMemories_2
    Options
    Today me and the oh have:
    *Tidied out the garage as much as we can and made a list of items we definitely NEED (not WANT) for our new rented accommodation.

*Made two trips to the tip to recycle the stuff we definitely don't need anymore and can't make any money on

*Sold all my Barbie dolls and clothes for £40 which will go towards my credit card payment for this month

*Had an afternoon nap on the sofa with the cat in the sunlight to recharge my batteries
    ;)I am not a complete idiot - some parts are missing;)

• piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I have:

~ done my piggyclicks and survey checks
    ~ eaten all day from storcupboard/freezer
    ~ stayed in (was planning to do shopping but didn't really need anything desperately enough and would only have picked up extra stuff I didn't need if I'd gone! ;)) so a NSD :T
    ~ spring cleaned my bedroom, including completely taking the bed base apart (it splits into 2, and I can only truly clean right under it into the middle if we split it and put one half on top of the other, then swap it over!), flipping and turning the mattress (and vacuuming it within an inch of its life!), plus washing the mattress protector, as well as the usual changing of sheets. Everything that needs washing has been done and dried without using the tumble drier, so its been a long day, but I feel good about it, and will sleep well tonight! :j :beer: :j

This evening:

~ I am planning to do a new freezer inventory, so that I can do better meal plans...at the moment I have an idea of whats in there, but I am aware of the fact that I don't really know whats lurking at the back/bottom, so its time to go investigating!! :rolleyes:

Piglet
  • Spendaholic_Chick
    Options
    Today I have/will:

- I'm halfway through reading Martin's remortgaging guideas I need to sort a new mortgage out this week whilst I'm off for half term
    - Went to Ikea for a new chest of drawers (not very mse lol) and had thier lovely cheap ice creams afterwards - put the cornets in the ice cream machine twice, so got twice as much each :beer: (and only bought one drink with the hotdogs and filled it up three times between DS and I!!)
    - sorted out old mortgage lenders details, ready to ring them about the possibility of reclaiming MEAFs tomorrow (fingers crossed)
    - played online bingo with free money (didn't win today though)
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • crawley_girl
    Options
    Evening people

Today I:
    * got the bus to and from work using my free bus pass
    * ate lunch at work for free
    * popped a £2 coin into my savings tin
    * checked on to read it, swap it and swapped another book

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • cassey1
    cassey1 Posts: 1,531 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Evening everyone,hope everyone had a good day.

Today i have

had a nsd.
    made dinner from meal planner.
    done keep fit video instead of paying gym.
    did a 30 wash and dried on line and ironed. Basket empty,but not for long.
    Made lunch for work tomorrow.
    Put all my loose change left over from week into sealed tin.
    DH and i went for a bike ride and stopped off at friends for a free coffee and lovely homemade cake.

hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
  • sans_2
    sans_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday KellsBells

Hi,

My dfw things for today:
    • used £1.20 in coupons in Tesco
    • got 3.25kg persil non bio washing powder (it was 25% extra free and i used 75% off voucher
    • kingsmill bread - used 75% off voucher
    • 1 x ltr skimmed milk (reduced to 10p)
    • 1 x 2tr semi skimmed milk (reduced to 10p) gave to mum
    • 1 x fresh packed corriander (reduced to 10p)
    • asked to get points added for not taking a carrier bag/re-using a bag
    • picked up 5p off/ltr petrol till spit
    • used the above till spit when getting petrol
    • washed dh muddy jeans, trainers & cloth with asda smart price washing powder at 30 deg
    • sold 2 ebay items
    • won 1 ebay item - coupons (which will save me money when i use them)
    Tesco points: 101 (£21.50, £19.50, £7.50, £21 & £5)
    Boots points: £0.28
    Pigsback points: 715 (4 xBoots£10 & 1 xPizzaHut£10, 2 x £10 clothing vouchers)
    Mutual points: 3417 (redeemed 8250)
    Rpoints:redeemed 28925 points)Cashbag:£8.91(£20)
  • sophiesmum_2
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    Today I will:
    • [strike]Dry lots of clothes outdoors (fantabulous day here again)[/strike]Yes - laundry basket now empty again (for about five minutes!
    • [strike]Bring the kids and dog for a long walk on the beach[/strike]Done.... just trying this to see if it works - the white blob is my poor exhausted dog!
    Feb17th2008009.jpg
    • [strike]Update spending diary and accounts[/strike]Yes
    • [strike]Cook from mealplanner[/strike]Yes
    • Hmm, should I go to Lidl's this afternoon to avail of the special offers....:confused: will see how the day pans out... not convinced yet!No - far too nice a day to bother with that!
    • [strike]Spend an hour in the back garden, tidying, mulching and generally getting it in some sort of order[/strike] Erm, was certainly out in the garden for an hour or more, moving stuff from A to B and back to A again... pootling, I think is the word!
    That's it. I hope everyone is enjoying the fine weather!

Happy Birthday, Kellsbells!
    Woo splishsplash, wish I lived near your beach:D :D great way to chill out:D
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport