The dream of Dubai-Wish me luck!!

Options
Hi all,

Over the last 3 months my company have been running an incentive to increase profit, raise morale within the company and increase the level of customer service that we give.

There were 12 areas of the business and the top performers in each area every month won a prize.

My team rubbished the idea when it started but since then we have come top in our area over all 3 months resulting in us winning a christmas hamper, some vouchers and now some cinema vouchers.

I heard yesterday that we have made it through to the final. The winner will be decided on the feedback from our customers and feedback from my staff as to how good a manager I am.

If we win which is a 1 in 12 chance I get to go to Dubai and stay in a 7 star hotel with all my spending money and flights paid for.
My staff all get to go to Monte Carlo. and my manager gets to go to Lisbon.

I hope we win, it would be a fantastic opportunity to go away for us without us having to spend any money, plus it will show the company that I am ready for a promotion.

The winner is announced after a fantastic meal on Thursday the 13th March.

Wish me luck!!!!!:T

Comments

• ShelleyC_2
    ShelleyC_2 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed you get a fab reward for all your hard work :j
    Looking for the perfect home and saving to make becoming a MFW easier
    MFiT3 48103/50000 Saved So Far :j
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh, good luck :T
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    good luck - lots of positive vibes coming your way.
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brills MM. Have you ever been to Dubai?
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck xx
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • moneymaker2
    Options
    No never. Have you seen my signature? I don't think I could ever afford it. I was wondering how much of the £1000 they give you spending money I could actual use elsewhere iyswim ;p
  • stressed.mum
    Options
    Good Luck hope you win - is it just for you or do you get to take some one?
    Only being nosy as I have just come back from dropping OH at station for him to go to a "black tie" dinner for achievers! While I'm stuck at home with the kids :confused:
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • Merlot
    Merlot Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    ooh I hope you get to go to Dubai, I went a couple of years ago on a long stop over on the way to the Maldives, Dubai is fantastic, the Gold Souk is something else, all the hotels in Dubai are high class, I stayed in this one:

http://www.jebelali-international.com/properties/jebel_ali_golf_resort_spa/resort/overview.html

I am currently saving to go back, it isn't really that expensive to go there anymore, When I went, we had private limousine transfer to the hotel and it cost a £1000 for two of us, all inclusive for 4 nights, including flying emirates, a fantastic airline.

I'll stop waffling, I hope you get to go.

Merlot.x.
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does, except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place." — Abigail Van Buren
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    oh wow that would be great! Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted and even if you dont get to go hope that they think of promotion anyway!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• notanothergreyhair
    Options
    I hope you get there moneymaker2 - best of luck to you.

May I hide myself in one of your bags please if you do get to go? :)
    :p I'm the only gay in this forum :p
    *Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family