Saturday 16/02/08 What small dfw thing have you done today???

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free.

Examples could be charging your phone up at work instead of at home to save your electricity, hanging the washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important.

Today I will Check online banking
Do clicks
Make a powerpoint presentation as part of my dad's birthday present.
Do lots of cleaning around the house using stardrops and microfibre cloths
Make meals from storecupboard and freezer.

Hope you all have a good day.:D
Reduce,re-use, recycle.

Comments

• Little_Chicken
    Options
    I'm doing a mystery shop at a Wetherspoons pub later - and it's a foodie one. So that will save me some pennies icon7.gif although hubby will of course complain about the non-quality of the food LOL.
    :grin: Save me from spending...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2008 - £1004:T 2009 - £1139 2010 - £1260 :j 2011 - £1557 2012 - £740 :beer: No 195 Target £1k
  • splishsplash
    Options
    Morning all,
    Today I will:
    • try to get a load of washing dry (it's a little cloudy, but looks like it could clear)
    • cook up a lamb chop casserole and shepherd's pie
    • figure out how to cut down on shower times (Yes! it's the single biggest contributor to my electric bill! Cost in excess of €35 per month for four of us to have daily showers!)
    • track down the vet if at all possible to ask re stopping dog's meds
    • become a screaming virago regarding lights left on, chargers left on and plugs left on :D
    • check back through this week's posts and see what else I've left undone, and fix them!
    That's it. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
    I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
    -Mike Primavera
  • cassey1
    cassey1 Posts: 1,531 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    hi everyone,hope you have a good day and it is sunny where you are.

Today i will or have

washing on 30 and out to dry.
    done keep fit video,cheaper than gym.
    checked on line banking
    DH is working today(over time)I was tempted to go shopping to treat myself,but i thought no i will stay at home and do housework instead,boring i know,but just think of all the money i am saving!!!!

Will do comps later.

DH taking me out for a meal later.

Have a good one everyone
  • Intergalactic_Floozie
    Options
    • I did not join in with the breakfast butties at work this morning (saving me about £2.00).
    • I have set up an excel spreadsheet and have worked out that to my horror I have only got £250 to last me for a month!!!
    • I did four hours overtime today, which after tax works out at £34.
    I had decided a couple of days ago that I was really gonna make the effort to pay off my A&L overdraft. I don't have wages paid into that account anymore so the £800+ overdraft hasn't been getting paid off, and they've been charging me £10 every month for the past few months. Anyway the sods have written to me today telling me they will be withdrawing the facility in thirty days and it will have to be paid off in full so I really need to get my act into gear.
    Start Date: 27/11/2010
    Padding: Day 42
    Target £8000
    Amount: £562.23
  • WhoopieDoodle
    Options
    I've opened a box of biscuits left over from Christmas and still have another box to go (and I've eaten 6 so feel a bit ill - that's 6 biscuits, not 6 boxes!)

Baking a cake that will be part of packed lunches for the week.

Found a penny whilst walking the dog and stuck it in my piggy bank!
    *Official DMP Mutual Support Club Member No 147*
    *Official DFW Nerd Club Member No 923*
    I have no idea what I'm talking about!
  • pennypuppy
    Options
    Phoned (one)credit card company and confirmed 6.95 rate of interest for life, it was a real nightmare getting it all to go through.
  • facingthefuture
    Options
    Packing things now to send for ebay. Getting car load ready for car boot tomorrow.
  • crawley_girl
    Options
    Hi guys n gals

Today I:
    * don't feel too great so won't be going out
    * will spend the afternoon mooching between reading my book or watching a DVD
    * will wash my bed sheets and hang out on the line

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • bank_of_slate
    Options
    I bought a 'busty boobs' birthday cake from Tesco for my hubby, it was reduced from £10 to £3.40 because there was a small crack in the icing which I mended with no problem!
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • ShelleyC_2
    ShelleyC_2 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, I've been in bed all morning! It might be lazy but better than trauling round the shops battering the plastic :rolleyes:

Also entered loads of competitions fingers crossed I win something to keep me enthused!
    Looking for the perfect home and saving to make becoming a MFW easier
    MFiT3 48103/50000 Saved So Far :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family