Serial Code for PC Game

Options
nalibz
nalibz Posts: 2,724 Forumite
Hi everyone,

Basically i purchased the Game 'Command and Conquer - Generals' when it first came out, however now when trying to reinstall it, i cannot find the serial number in order to get it to work.

Therfore i was wondering if there was any way round it, any way i could get another serial number, or if i would just have to contact EA Games and ask them?

All suggestions appreciated and thanks for your time,

nalibz

Comments

• Dronegc_2
    Dronegc_2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I think your best bet is to contact EA. I'm sure they've got a procedure in place for such an eventuality.
    Boo!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    if it is still the same hard disk then it is probably still in there in the registry somewhere
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • boogiemaster
    Options
    You will have to ring them up and give the serial number from the game? Then they will issue you with a new serial number.
    It’s to stop piracy.
    I'm not poor i'm just skint
  • EvilMonkey
    EvilMonkey Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    May not help if you've not got it installed at the mo, but if it is, you can get the serial number from your last install. I can't recall the exact steps, I think it was under prefs somewhere. I know this because I bought 2 copies for me and my mate to play across a network and the conflicted, eventually we managed to work out we'd both installed off the same serial...

If you've still got it installed and can't find it, then let me know and I'll dig out the instructions...

E.M.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport