PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Advice - compensation for no heating/hot water

Options
124»

Comments

• dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    What a nightmare. You need to get in touch with Shelter and read their tenants guide to repairs. You may be able to get the boiler repaired yourselves and bill the landlord /with hold rent but you need to check the Shelter guide to be sure of what you can and can't do.
    I would also get in touch with your local ENvironmental health officer as extreme cold comes under their remit.
    I would also get to the shops and get a carbon monoxide detector as soon as possible. With the boiler sounding that dodgy I would want to make sure that there was no carbob monoxide leak - especially with the headaches as this could be a warning somethin is not quite right.
    I hope you can get this sorted and then claim for negligence from the agents/landlord as this sounds horrific.
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business