paris during easter?

Options
i am hoping to take the family to paris round easter time. we have never been there before so i would appreciate any advice regarding best value hotels, trips to disneyland etc. as my two kids are still young (4 and 1) i do not want to spend more than one day at disneyland.

Comments

• real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    I went to paris for a weekend in Jan, and found it horrendously expensive - it was 2 couples, mainly for a bit for culture, eating and drinking, so the 6 euro or more a pint prices might not be too much of an issue?

We found the metro system was a really good way to get around, even being in a hotel within walking distance of the Arc de triomphe. We had a 2 day pass for the central zones only. think it was 14E ish?

Most of the sights are free to look at - Eifell, Arc, Notre Dam etc.
    There was a big wheel at the end of the champs elysee but it might be gone by now?
    If you get a 3 day metro pass, SacreCour isn't too far and the ticket covers the funicular up the hill.

Do a search on this forum and you'll find he tips people gave me before I went.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Take a look through the Disneyland Paris thread for tips and ideas - I would merge your thread but as your post is dated 13th Feb, it'll be buried, so it'd be best if you make a new post in that thread :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure