How do I copy a DVD onto my hard drive?

Options
Could someone help me please? I'm a technophobe and have no idea how to do it.

Could someone please talk me through it, idiot style. :confused:

Thank you very much.

Comments

• solly_2
    solly_2 Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried Nerovision Express? If the DVD is copyright then I'm sorry to say I can't help due to forums T&Cs
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    Most commercial DVD'd are encrypted and I am not sure whether we are allowed to discuss how to get around copy protection.

If its your own DVD like a home movie or data DVD there's plenty of software that can easily copy such as nero, recordnow, alcohol to name but a few. These wont be able to get around copy protection and often commercial DVD's are larger than a single sided dvd of 4.3gb.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • sra
    sra Posts: 4,678 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry

Had to remove some posts.

Please don't discuss breaking encryption or p2p software. Neither are allowed to be discussed here.

(and using the word "backup" before discussing it doesn't get round the rules icon7.gif)
  • nalibz
    nalibz Posts: 2,724 Forumite
    Options
    Virtual Drive
  • glicky
    glicky Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    solly wrote:
    Have you tried Nerovision Express? If the DVD is copyright then I'm sorry to say I can't help due to forums T&Cs

They arn't copyright DVD's. It's tennis matches that my friend put on DVD for me and I want it on my hard drive cuz they want the DVD back!

Believe me, I wouldn't think of copying legal DVD's. If you see what I mean!
  • solly_2
    Options
    glicky wrote:
    They arn't copyright DVD's. It's tennis matches that my friend put on DVD for me and I want it on my hard drive cuz they want the DVD back!

Believe me, I wouldn't think of copying legal DVD's. If you see what I mean!

Then download the Nero free edition choose make new movie and browse to your DVD rom select all, Nero should then rip the video to your HDD just close Nero and navigate to Your Documents>Nerovision>Imported Video.

Hope all goes well.
  • glicky
    glicky Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    solly wrote:
    Then download the Nero free edition choose make new movie and browse to your DVD rom select all, Nero should then rip the video to your HDD just close Nero and navigate to Your Documents>Nerovision>Imported Video.

Hope all goes well.

Thanks very much for you help, but which one do I use? Package 1,2,3 or Nero Media Player?

Sorry to drive you mad :confused:
  • solly_2
    Options
    Hi glicky,

Hope your on broadband, cause guess what I'm going to tell you to do?

Correct, download the lot it's well worth it for things you may want to do in the future.

If you just want to try the Nerovision then I'd expect it to be the NVE21221.exe file.
  • drlight_2
    drlight_2 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    You need package 1 installed and then the others are optional, package 2 is geared around video recording, encoding & converting, get that and package 3 is a simple video player that will play almost all video formats.
  • jampton
    jampton Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    How do I copy a DVD onto my hard drive ?

There is no need to rip unencrypted DVDs just treat them like any other data.To copy the contents of an optical disc to the HDD just use windows. i.e. My computer/ DVD Drive / then select all and copy to your HDD.

I am not sure of what use Nero is just to copy data from an optical disc to a HDD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure